Sign in to follow this  
daschuck77

The AHL and RBK Edge uniforms...

Some official Moose pics:

d0d3a6057fc22fe7280fe72a0c2d21a7.300.jpg

jersey.jpg

It's not as good as what they had, but it's not bad, and certainly could have turned out far, far worse. The hem stripes and continued use of their excellent custom name/number fonts really help.

I'm not sure if I like this moose better than the old moose, but the overall uniform isn't that bad. I can't stand the corny styled font. Its way too unnecessary and overdone IMO. Too Bad, because it kind of ruins the uni for me.

I wish designers wouldn't take number fonts on jerseys and try to make them a prominent design element. It seems like the best solution for most jerseys is to keep the number fonts simple as opposed to overly styled.

I'm not sure if I like this moose better than the old moose, but the overall uniform isn't that bad. I can't stand the corny styled font. Its way too unnecessary and overdone IMO. Too Bad, because it kind of ruins the uni for me.

I wish designers wouldn't take number fonts on jerseys and try to make them a prominent design element. It seems like the best solution for most jerseys is to keep the number fonts simple as opposed to overly styled.

You know the Moose isn't knew, eh? They've been using it for a couple of seasons already. As far as the numbers go, they've been a Moose staple since they were in the IHL so I don't anticipate a change any time soon.

Some official Moose pics:

d0d3a6057fc22fe7280fe72a0c2d21a7.300.jpg

jersey.jpg

It's not as good as what they had, but it's not bad, and certainly could have turned out far, far worse. The hem stripes and continued use of their excellent custom name/number fonts really help.

I can't help but wonder how much better that road jersey might have looked if the green and the black were reversed...I'm so sick of black uniforms.

Considering those fonts were the only unique element on their original green/purple Capitals rip-off IHL jerseys, I have a fond attachment to them.

You know the Moose isn't knew, eh? They've been using it for a couple of seasons already. As far as the numbers go, they've been a Moose staple since they were in the IHL so I don't anticipate a change any time soon.

Sorry, let me be more specific. I meant the older moose that used to lean on the wordmark (or am I confusing the logo with something else?) I think this is the one:

http://www.ssur.org/experiments/ManitobaMo...obaMoose_PL.jpg

I guess I never saw the numbers on the older jerseys either. Looks like I've got to get caught up on my minor league hockey jerseys.

Not only has that moose existed for a few years, but it was designed originally by a member of this community, Sterling84.

I've always liked that logo.

Well, we're into the preseason and several teams still haven't unveiled their new uniforms. Looks like it's Albany, Hartford, Hershey, Iowa, Lowell, Milwaukee, Rochester, and Worchester as of the first preseason games.

The Milwaukee Admirals wore their old sweaters for their preseason opener in Chicago last night:

1448579558_6b74bbfcf3_o.png

Compare to the leaked new ones, in which the blue stripe doesn't go around the outside of the sleeve:

ahl_Milwaukee_admirals.jpg

Wonder when we'll see the new looks for those teams?

Gothamite, that's a file photo from last season. That pic is definitely from the Allstate, not from some rec center in Vernon Hills.

Also, further evidence that no jersey, no matter how classic and universally loved, can make the IceHogs and their logo look good:

19bca8b0251da9bd529cf3a552b2880d.300.jpg

c798d05b5ac7f46e619b395161dd78ee.300.jpg

(Hey! Wade Flaherty!)

Ah, I gladly stand corrected on the photo.

Darn minor league sports - so hard to find good media coverage....

They played at Glacier Ice?!?! "Some rec center in Vernon Hills" describes it about right--hell, I've played there a few times.

I don't see the big problem with the IceHog logo, really. I am interested to see what the variant is on the wall behind them.

The Rochester Americans played their first exhibition game on Sept. 28. The Amerks wore last years sweater while the Hamilton Bulldogs wore their new Edge jerseys. So, as I suspected, the Amerks are going to wait until the season opener to unveil the new duds.

72f73cc7bd538befb2653b12a3da3425.300.jpg

How can a team to be allowed to have 2 colored jerseys. This will really confuse the other 29 teams.

72f73cc7bd538befb2653b12a3da3425.300.jpg

How can a team to be allowed to have 2 colored jerseys. This will really confuse the other 29 teams.

They wear white helmets & socks with orange jersey if that's any consolation.

Also, for anyone who missed it in the NHL thread, here's a link with all the AHL & NHL Reebok Edge jerseys: http://www.fartfignewton.com/rbk_edge/

Oh, man. I'm pretty sure that makes it far, far worse. I half-expect to see a white jersey for the Sound Tigers before the All-Star Break, after their uniforms cause widespread illness to the home fans.

I was at the Lowell-Bridgeport game on Saturday. Lowell was wearing New Jersey's 2007 uniforms (all with high numbers as well, since training camp isn't over yet).

Bridgeport wore white jerseys. I don't know if they were last year's or not. Here is a preseason pic of what Bridgeport wore Saturday (not from the same game):

BST%20vs%20PRO%209-28-07%20Body1.jpg

And here is a white jersey from last season:

bestof0607_28.jpg

Oh, man. I'm pretty sure that makes it far, far worse. I half-expect to see a white jersey for the Sound Tigers before the All-Star Break, after their uniforms cause widespread illness to the home fans.

This implies that Bridgeport has home fans.

This implies that Bridgeport has home fans.

What? Blasphemy! My good man, how dare you impugn the reputation of the loyal fans of Bridgeport and, by association, its small town brethren. Why, everyone across this great land knows that plucky, lower-tier-market franchises out east like Bridgeport, Lowell, Springfield, Albany/Glens Falls, and Worcester carry the AHL on their sturdy backs. They especially go beyond the call of duty to support all those flailing, stumbling franchises in larger markets out on the Western frontier, who should just be thankful their continued participation in this majestic league is permitted.

I await your apology.