The AHL and RBK Edge uniforms...

daschuck77

I was at the Lowell-Bridgeport game on Saturday. Lowell was wearing New Jersey's 2007 uniforms (all with high numbers as well, since training camp isn't over yet).

Bridgeport wore white jerseys. I don't know if they were last year's or not. Here is a preseason pic of what Bridgeport wore Saturday (not from the same game):

BST%20vs%20PRO%209-28-07%20Body1.jpg

And here is a white jersey from last season:

bestof0607_28.jpg

Looks like my P-Bruins are sticking with those great-looking gold jerseys for the preseason at least.

On a somewhat related note...I know there aren't going to be alternate jerseys in the NHL this season, but does that go for the AHL as well? It'd be a shame if the only time they wear their gold jerseys is during the preseason.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might just be until rosters are finalized. As I mentioned, Lowell was wearing the New Jersey Devils uniforms, not their own. That's why most of the numbers were in the 50's and 60's, since all the players were technically still with the parent club. Once the regular season starts, the players should return to their regular numbers.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

What? Blasphemy! My good man, how dare you impugn the reputation of the loyal fans of Bridgeport and, by association, its small town brethren. Why, everyone across this great land knows that plucky, lower-tier-market franchises out east like Bridgeport, Lowell, Springfield, Albany/Glens Falls, and Worcester carry the AHL on their sturdy backs. They especially go beyond the call of duty to support all those flailing, stumbling franchises in larger markets out on the Western frontier, who should just be thankful their continued participation in this majestic league is permitted.

I await your apology.

Hey, Sodboy- Did you ever hear of Hershey or Rochester? They have been in the AHL for a combined 122 seasons. The Bears and Amerks ARE the AHL.

Milwaukee unveiled theirs yesterday.

Uniform01-copy.gif

The "Click here to buy" still leads to the page for last year's jerseys (which cost $100).

Apparently, they wore practice jerseys (black with solid block white numbers) in their preseason games. Wonder why AHL teams don't sell the practice jerseys?

Hey, Sodboy- Did you ever hear of Hershey or Rochester? They have been in the AHL for a combined 122 seasons. The Bears and Amerks ARE the AHL.

Well, I wasn't talking about Hershey or Rochester, or W-B/S, Manchester, Providence, Syracuse, or several others, for that matter. Those are successful franchises, many with long, storied histories. I'm talking about the rinky-dink teams that thank the stars above for drawing 3K a game, and that the league loves and supports, because they make the Eastern Conference into a short-trip bus league.

Uniform01-copy.gif

Are the Ads really going to wear the black socks with the white jerseys? And they might as well just center the ball-in-glove right over the Deadmiral's hat, it's already so crammed in by the piping.

Also, Gothamite, the Wolves sell practice jerseys. Must be a team-to-team thing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Per the Hershey Bears Website:

Other-New-Jerseys.jpg

Here is the link to the Press Release:

http://www.hersheypa.com/events/hershey_be...ail.php?id=2121

I think the Bears jerseys look nice, but I wish they would've put the logo on the maroon jersey.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Either that, or Rochester is now having second thoughts about not putting up a fight.

The Wolves didn't have any trouble at all keeping their look. The NHL teams were intimately involved in creating the new designs.

It seems to me that Reebok may well have taken advantage of those teams too timid or uncertain to object. But that still doesn't mean that the teams are off the hook for not objecting.

I'm really wondering what the Amerks' reaction was to the Chicago sweaters.

If I were them, I'd get Reebok on the phone and start them working on the 2008-2009 redesign....

RBK needs to be taken to task...I feel like the Sabres design were certainly the guinea pigs for testing and previewing the edge styling...Then the team had to start 10-0 and made everyone forget they were buying a nice jersey with terrible logo. The success of a great team catapulted jersey sales and not that logo.

So then the NHL and RBK felt this false sense of justification and validation that this RBK Edge thing was going to be their next cash cow. I believe they are sorely mistaken.

Notice how they unveiled the best uniform first in the Bruins...it pretty much went downhill from there.

I hope overall sales of these new pieces of crap system are few and far between...

If I were them, I'd get Reebok on the phone and start them working on the 2008-2009 redesign....

RBK needs to be taken to task...I feel like the Sabres design were certainly the guinea pigs for testing and previewing the edge styling...Then the team had to start 10-0 and made everyone forget they were buying a nice jersey with terrible logo. The success of a great team catapulted jersey sales and not that logo.

So then the NHL and RBK felt this false sense of justification and validation that this RBK Edge thing was going to be their next cash cow. I believe they are sorely mistaken.

Notice how they unveiled the best uniform first in the Bruins...it pretty much went downhill from there.

I hope overall sales of these new pieces of crap system are few and far between...

Next year, teams will get a chance to create some brand spankin' new alternates and let's hope they create some new templates for them. That could also perhaps correct the lack of a bottom stripe and give teams a chance to adopt them as new home jerseys.

I can't wait till next year when the 2007-08 nhl alternate thread is open.

Next year, teams will get a chance to create some brand spankin' new alternates and let's hope they create some new templates for them. That could also perhaps correct the lack of a bottom stripe and give teams a chance to adopt them as new home jerseys.

I can't wait till next year when the 2007-08 nhl alternate thread is open.

I think by that time many fans will be sick of the commercialization that Reebok is doing to the NHL. I know I'm totally disgusted by all the unnecessary change and butt ugly designs. I will never buy any jersey that says Reebok on it - much less TWO new 3rd uniforms per team. It's offensive beyond belief and I hope someday that a new sponsor will come along. It's really too bad that hockey is on such bad fitting now because Nike wont around to compete whenever the rights come up.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Reebok's logic makes no sense. For example, Rochester has dropped their HORIZONTAL waist stripes. Yet Chicago keeps theirs. It's the same in the NHL. The Habs and Red Wings keep the bottom stripes. Toronto, no luck. Frankly though, I like the Amerks sans bottom stripes. It reminds me of the great Rochester clubs that my old company made the uniforms for from 1957-69. The Leafs look like crap with no hem stripes. Consistency, Reebok, that's what we expect!

No, we expect teams to determine their own looks. I don't need all teams to look the same, thank you.

Maybe Toronto decided that hem stripes can look silly with the new rounded hems, and that plain bottoms looked better?

Reebok did not say that the waist stripes needed to be dropped. Heck, they said they could have replicated the Avalanche's distinctive mountain-range hem if the team had so desired....

Note to the Rangers: this is how you can make your diagonal team name text look right: take a cue from the Hartford Wolf Pack.

20071004g.jpg

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived