The AHL and RBK Edge uniforms...

daschuck77

I was watching a little of the Rangers game tonight. Even with closeups, you can barely notice that the jerseys had changed.

Take that for what you will.

Well, I'm going to take from that the tack that people will bitch about whatever they want to, real or imagined, for the sake of bitching.

I will also take the stance that at every opportunity, letterform will remind us for the umpteenth time that he will NEVER buy anything Reebok and will NEVER accept the new EDGE jerseys and HATEZORS the new jerseys.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was watching a little of the Rangers game tonight. Even with closeups, you can barely notice that the jerseys had changed.

Well, I'm going to take from that the tack that people will bitch about whatever they want to, real or imagined, for the sake of bitching.

I will also take the stance that at every opportunity, letterform will remind us for the umpteenth time that he will NEVER buy anything Reebok and will NEVER accept the new EDGE jerseys and HATEZORS the new jerseys.

thats pretty much my stance but i take it farther by not even giving a red penny to either RBK(and everyone they own) and to the Islanders both in merch sales, tv ratings and tickets. Of course i could bitch and moan and be Woody Hertz in the wilderness screaming but I get no where. so i take action by sticking it too them in the wallet(merch sales, tv ratings and ticket sales). Which is what most people should do if they are outraged about this. Since we are a month away from Thanksgiving, i am thankfull we didn't get buffaslugged. I shudder to think if they really got devious and gave us a logo with semi-sort of relevant colors and a semi-sort of relevant slug logo and a bunch weird bizarre striping/piping and that sort of stuff. I suppose Patsox could have done worse to the isles than just the current design they have.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

when the farm team looks better than the parent team, theres a problem.

Well then, allow me to introduce you to the Iowa Stars.

7649c9907059785bdf77257e6625b222.400.jpg

pod_071007.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

when the farm team looks better than the parent team, theres a problem.

Well then, allow me to introduce you to the Iowa Stars.

7649c9907059785bdf77257e6625b222.400.jpg

pod_071007.jpg

now thats a nice uniform. how can the I-stars get it right and the ones in Dallas screw it up? take away the shoulder stripes, add black trim and put the current Dallas Stars logos on it and you got a jersey the Dallas Stars SHOULD be wearing not the college look they adopted. In fact i think i found my new favorite AHL team now. I've been looking for an AHL team to follow for a while.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I can't believe this got overlooked, but this is in a story right on the front page of sportslogos.net:

All 29 American Hockey League teams will also be using the new jerseys for their home (white) and away (dark) designs. AHL teams can wear alternate jerseys, but they will not be Rbk Edge.

Full story: Canadian Press, 24-Sep-07

This explains why the AHL store never discounted teams' third jerseys, while they cut the price of the primary homes and aways. I wonder if teams will take the opportunity to make their thirds a more "traditional" look. Rochester is the first club that sprung to mind, since they made the red sweater their primary away uniform. Leaves plenty of opportunity for the traditional blue jersey to make a comeback as a non-Edge alt, doesn't it?

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Maybe the Admirals will create an alt. Ice blue with the anchor logo, perhaps?

I was thinking ice blue with the full-body logo, but the anchor up-front with the dead-head on the shoulders would also be pretty cool.

Milwaukee unveiled theirs yesterday.

Uniform01-copy.gif

The "Click here to buy" still leads to the page for last year's jerseys (which cost $100).

Apparently, they wore practice jerseys (black with solid block white numbers) in their preseason games. Wonder why AHL teams don't sell the practice jerseys?

Actually, the last time I went to an Ads game they were selling "practice" versions of the classic skating Admiral.

You mean this one? That'd be cool.

110px-Admirals1980s.png

I don't get to go to many games. The few times I have been to Milwaukee since they unveiled the new look the team has been out of town. Does the Bradley Center have a shop open other than on game days?

Speaking of the Bradley Center, they've started selling the new jerseys. Check out that crazy huge logo!

New:

2463-15.jpg

Old:

ijaadshomejersey150.jpg

Speaking of the Bradley Center, they've started selling the new jerseys.

And they're only $125! How can you say yes to a price like that?

I'm so glad I picked up last year's model.

They used to be open during regular business hours, but apparently not anymore.

But I'm pretty sure if you went there for a Bucks or MU game, you could ask someone to go in back and grab one for you...

I can't believe this got overlooked, but this is in a story right on the front page of sportslogos.net:
All 29 American Hockey League teams will also be using the new jerseys for their home (white) and away (dark) designs. AHL teams can wear alternate jerseys, but they will not be Rbk Edge.

This explains why the AHL store never discounted teams' third jerseys, while they cut the price of the primary homes and aways. I wonder if teams will take the opportunity to make their thirds a more "traditional" look. Rochester is the first club that sprung to mind, since they made the red sweater their primary away uniform. Leaves plenty of opportunity for the traditional blue jersey to make a comeback as a non-Edge alt, doesn't it?

For the information of some of you novices, the Rochester Americans wore RED jerseys beginning with the 1959-60 season. They switched to BLUE jerseys around 1981 after becoming the Buffalo Sabres (still a dumb move) affiliate. So the Amerks have a long tradition of wearing RED sweaters. I hope the Amerks NEVER wear the BLUE again. They should do a PROPER version of the flag jersey (worn from '56-'57 until '58-'59).

Why do I suddenly feel like less of an asshple after hearing you speak?

DEATH TO REEBOK

For the information of some of you novices, the Rochester Americans wore RED jerseys beginning with the 1959-60 season. They switched to BLUE jerseys around 1981 after becoming the Buffalo Sabres (still a dumb move) affiliate. So the Amerks have a long tradition of wearing RED sweaters. I hope the Amerks NEVER wear the BLUE again. They should do a PROPER version of the flag jersey (worn from '56-'57 until '58-'59).

Thank you for that information, it's nice to gain that knowledge. I do have this interesting question though and it is thus: Should we put the Americans in the same context that some do with the New England Patriots and wearing red? There are those out there who don't think the Pats should wear red because the English wore red in the Revolutionary War. Should we hold the Americans to the same rule? Just throwing it out there.

Went to the Wolves home opener last night, and the Admirals have changed more than just adopting the Edge template. This is all for their grey road jerseys, of course:

- Numbers on the back are now black outlined in white, instead of ice blue outlined in black.

- Sleeve numbers are now one-layer white, instead of black outlined in ice blue.

- While names are still black outlined in ice blue, the font size has been reduced, and has also been significantly narrowed. Thus, names are rendered completely illegible outside of an extreme close-up.

- The Ads apparently decided, "oh, to hell with this piping" and sewed the Brewers sponsor patch right over it.

- The socks... oh humanity. They're solid grey in the front and back, but have single, thick, black vertical stripes going up the sides, stopping at the kneecap. It looks terrbile, and gets even worse when worn crooked.

The Wolves have made a slight alteration to their uniform this year. The socks now sport a burgundy-gold-burgundy Northwestern stripe, whereas previously the three stripes were of fairly similar widths, and the gold had black outlines (it might still.)

And, Edge pricing at the arena:

Youth Replica - $100

Replica - $125

Authentic - $269

Edge jerseys spotted on fans - 1, which is the same number of Chicago Cougars and Chicago Hounds jerseys I spotted last night.

In other news, Bridgeport looks like a joke wearing white helmets with their orange jerseys:

412c0500c9c18158f086f0f62a3526d1.400.jpg

Archived