The AHL and RBK Edge uniforms...

daschuck77

Syracuse

f00008dd9063442cf6ca68ec0d8316a5.300.jpg

Well, it's awful, but it's better than what they had before. Isn't it about time they got rid of that terrible name and logo? The whole package screams "mid-90s" more than the Orlando Solar Bears.

Hey! Leave the Solar Bears alone! The "I" was fun hockey.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I didn't like about the Solar Bears was the upper/lower player names. Otherwise, bring 'em back!

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Syracuse

f00008dd9063442cf6ca68ec0d8316a5.300.jpg

Well, it's awful, but it's better than what they had before. Isn't it about time they got rid of that terrible name and logo? The whole package screams "mid-90s" more than the Orlando Solar Bears.

Dude, did you say/type Orlando Solar Bears? Post of the Day Nominee, please! :D

SolarBears29SIMhomefrontG.jpg

Hey! Leave the Solar Bears alone! The "I" was fun hockey.

Hey hey, don't get me wrong, now. I love me some Solar Bears, and the IHL is what made hockey my favorite sport. In fact, I'm the proud owner of a purple S-Bears jersey (and a white one, but that's going up on eBay.) I'm just saying, look at the color scheme: purple, teal, and black. Combine that with the extra-cartoony logo, the compound name, and the slanty stripes, and you've got yourself an identity with its roots deep in 1994. Not that there's anything wrong with that when done properly.

Oh, and the lowercase names? Love 'em. Especially on the black alternates, where everything had to be custom cut because of vertical arching, and the bottom of the three layers being one solid piece of material. Have a gander.

And on a related note, this right here is teh awesum.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Dude, the old Roadrunner thirds. There's a team in the league I play in that uses those as their road jerseys, but without the cool detailing.

What size is that SBears jersey?

POTD 2013-08-22

Dude, the old Roadrunner thirds. There's a team in the league I play in that uses those as their road jerseys, but without the cool detailing.

Well, it's a roomy Bauer L, which puts it at 50" across the chest at the armpits. Might be a bit snug on you, since you've said before you're the 2XL type.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, it's a roomy Bauer L, which puts it at 50" across the chest at the armpits. Might be a bit snug on you, since you've said before you're the 2XL type.

True that. My game jerseys are 3XL, and I still want the sleeves lengthened.

Damn.

POTD 2013-08-22

Rivermen.jpg

Peoria.

Yeah templates!!!!

I don't care for the side panels on the whites, the incomplete elbow stripes, and the piping.

The pants are the same as the Blues' reportedly.

It's not completely horrible, though, I guess.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's not terrible, per se, but it is quite Panther-esque. It's also arguably the worst-dressed the Rivermen have been in 26 seasons, though, once again, it's decent compared to most of the cut-and-paste Edge slop. The socks are quite nice. The breezers should have Blues fans feeling a bit panicked.

It's not terrible, per se, but it is quite Panther-esque. It's also arguably the worst-dressed the Rivermen have been in 26 seasons, though, once again, it's decent compared to most of the cut-and-paste Edge slop. The socks are quite nice. The breezers should have Blues fans feeling a bit panicked.

in regards to the blues, have your vomit bag handy. thats all i'm saying. thank you good night.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The pants are the same as the Blues' reportedly.

It must be... you can see the Blues logo right on there

... and does it make you think the whole "Template" will be the same?

If that's the case, I would disagree with the "puke bag" comment.

IMO, it can actually be the Best use of the infamous "EDGE Template".

I like the use of the darker navy at the wrist...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Those make the baby jesus cry.

The baby jesus may become homicidal if the Blues look anything like that.

I knew I should have picked up a Rivs jersey when I was at the Kiel last year.

POTD 2013-08-22

Archived