Sign in to follow this  
daschuck77

The AHL and RBK Edge uniforms...

My thoughts on the Phantoms: Since they use the same template as the Flyers, it's pretty meh. Could be better, could be worse. While they are far from the best, they're still one of the better templated designs. I liked the old design, especially the shoulders for the Phantoms, but I can live with the changes. They look pretty sharp.

capn89, I support your sig. "Stripes, not pipes!"

Binghamton

f534737f3805aa2ded5e725116186d5b.300.jpg

So basically the Senators template with the addition of garish piping, mismatched shoulder patches, and weird stripes (speed stripes?).

It will make them go faster!

:D

21075.JPG

Ohhh, man, you have got to be :censored:in' kidding me.

I mean, the front is harmless, but Christ almighty, look at that back! It's straight out of the af2 or something. And this comes from a guy who fully supports purple in sports uniforms. The Phantoms done screwed themselves.

21075.JPG

I mean, the front is harmless, but Christ almighty, look at that back! It's straight out of the af2 or something. And this comes from a guy who fully supports purple in sports uniforms. The Phantoms done screwed themselves.

I have to admit.. that's..

You know, I don't even have words.

21074.JPG

21075.JPG

The back is horrible. and is it really needed to have the rbk logo pn the top and bottom of the jersey in the back?

How the heck can they fit two numbers on the back?

No bottom serif on the 1, and no players above 19.

Binghamton

f534737f3805aa2ded5e725116186d5b.300.jpg

So basically the Senators template with the addition of garish piping, mismatched shoulder patches, and weird stripes (speed stripes?).

It will make them go faster!

:D

Hey someone got the subtle reference! You win three internets!

21075.JPG

Ooh, look, it's an RHI team!

Rivermen.jpg

It's not completely horrible, though, I guess.

Wow, those look REALLY bad.

Well, I guess I could add they probably aren't getting any of my money in the jersey department this year.

You know these look a hell of a lot better than they did in the screenshots from NHL 08

oilers-jersey2.gif

Hell it looks better than the image on theahl.com

f6c2e3f4a6461f3dc92e6d9d69a70504.300.jpg

21075.JPG

WTF! I thought the back would be fine because the front looked okay, but that's just a ****ing train-wreck! :cursing:

Manitoba Moose:

ahl_manitoba_moose.jpg

And that is an example of how that template should be used. No piping and stripes at the bottom. Not to mentions this board's favorite sports logo.

How the heck can they fit two numbers on the back?

I'll put more pics up later, but here's a pic of a Denis Tolpeko jersey with #22 on the back:

phantomstolpeko.JPG

You know these look a hell of a lot better than they did in the screenshots from NHL 08

oilers-jersey2.gif

Hell it looks better than the image on theahl.com

f6c2e3f4a6461f3dc92e6d9d69a70504.300.jpg

Oh, those :censored:ing talons. Look, they worked when it was the '90s and Springfield had an absolutely bats**t-crazy uniform. As part of that wild jersey with the full-chest sublimated crest and stuff going on everywhere else, the talons fit in, much like the paws on the sleeves of the old Ice Dogs sweater. Then they turned all classic and traditional, but for some reason, the talons stuck around. Let it go, boys. And negative bonus points for using horizontal hem stripes, but totally half-assing it by not putting them on the sides where the materials change.

phantomstolpeko.JPG

Hey, look, the numbers almost fit! Seriously, those 2s are about 5 mm away from overlapping into the purple. Yeesh.