The AHL and RBK Edge uniforms...

daschuck77

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(cross-posted from from NHL Uniforms thread)

My pics from the Flyers/Phantoms jersey unveiling today are now up. To put the on-ice photo shoot into context, there was someone portraying Benjamin Franklin on hand for a ceremonial puck drop, they had the players skate and come to a stop right in front of the cameras for dramatic effect, and the players took shots on goal against Bernie Parent. Also, the water in front of the Jeff Carter jersey in later shots is from a demonstration of the moisture wicking technology. MeiGray also had a display showing the evolution of the Flyers jersey throughout the years.

ahl_rochester_americans.jpg

Now that is how you ruin a great jersey.

HOW??????

Care to elaborate on how the got ruined?

IMO it's as "retro" an EDGE Template can look...

With that vertical piping? Not at all.

See "Coyotes, Phoenix" if you want to see how retro an EDGE template can really be. Even the Rangers and Leafs have a more traditional design. This is close, but has a long way to go.

Wow... finally another use of the Sabres template! I was wondering if that would ever happen.

Well, I'll be damned, so it is! Bizarre that a team that's the Coyotes' farm club would go from the old Sabres' template to the new one. It looks like San Antonio removed a lot of the fidgety, superfluous side swooshies in favor of a more direct, cleaner approach.

And the UB Bulls logo...

You know these look a hell of a lot better than they did in the screenshots from NHL 08

oilers-jersey2.gif

Hell it looks better than the image on theahl.com

f6c2e3f4a6461f3dc92e6d9d69a70504.300.jpg

AMEN!!!!!, a team going AWAY from black, i think these look sharp, and the talon is a cool feature on them i think, major upgrade in my book.

Rivermen.jpg

Peoria.

Yeah templates!!!!

I don't care for the side panels on the whites, the incomplete elbow stripes, and the piping.

The pants are the same as the Blues' reportedly.

It's not completely horrible, though, I guess.

wtf did they do to my IceCats?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Rivermen.jpg

Peoria.

Yeah templates!!!!

I don't care for the side panels on the whites, the incomplete elbow stripes, and the piping.

The pants are the same as the Blues' reportedly.

It's not completely horrible, though, I guess.

They didn't put red back in the color scheme. And decided to be spineless when RBK forced the template on them. And decided that since nobody goes to their games anyway, it doesn't matter what they look like. <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Put them back in Peoria where they've always belonged. B)

(Of course, then they outfitted them with these garish new jerseys...)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Jeez, you'd think they'd at least have a shoulder patch with some local flavor. The original plans we saw here called for the flaming C on one shoulder and "TBD" - to be determined - on the other. I was really hoping they'd devise some sort of unique secondary mark - alas, they decided to go full-out, lazy clone.

At least they didn't do something really asinine like, oh, I dunno, putting the Illinois state flag on one shoulder. (And maybe the Iowa flag on the other.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

ahl_rochester_americans.jpg

Now that is how you ruin a great jersey.

HOW??????

Care to elaborate on how the got ruined?

IMO it's as "retro" an EDGE Template can look...

Bleh. Ok minus the vertical piping. Ditch that and maybe add something horizontal to the bottom of the jersey.

Here are my pics from yesterday's preseason matchup between the Phantoms and Devils in Trenton, NJ with both teams wearing the new Edge uniforms (well, Lowell actually had on the NJ Devils set).

Philadelphia Phantoms vs. Lowell Devils

The Phantoms look like they're all wearing grade-school backpack/bookbags. How juvenile! :blink:

Archived