Byron Leftwich Released

Island_Style

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Breaking news: Jags starting QB Byron Leftwich has been released. Not that much of a shocker. Byron had a crappy preseason and Garrard and Grey had near perfect preseasons. Good luck to Byron.

Do you have an article to supplement this information?

Breaking news: Jags starting QB Byron Leftwich has been released. Not that much of a shocker. Byron had a crappy preseason and Garrard and Grey had near perfect preseasons. Good luck to Byron.

http://www.news4jax.com/sports/14023059/detail.html

There you go.

A more reliable (and I use that phrase loosely):

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...117&srvc=sz

http://www.news4jax.com/sports/14023059/detail.html

There you go.

A more reliable (and I use that phrase loosely):

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...117&srvc=sz

Jumping the gun too quick...He's not Released Yet....He will be or he'll be traded.

So how long will it take for him to be a Falcon? 36 hours?

Hmm....I guess it'll depend on the money, but I don't see a negative about the Falcons bringing in Leftwich. Jacksonville hasn't had a quality receiver since Jimmy Smith retired, and their running game not as sharp as Atlanta's.

Harrington's had a pretty decent preseason, so the team might just ride Harrington for the year, then make a QB decision in the offseason.

So how long will it take for him to be a Falcon? 36 hours?

Hmm....I guess it'll depend on the money, but I don't see a negative about the Falcons bringing in Leftwich. Jacksonville hasn't had a quality receiver since Jimmy Smith retired, and their running game not as sharp as Atlanta's.

Really, You think Jones-Drew and Taylor are not on par with Atlanta? I don't know about that. Our running attack is one of the best in the league. I am strongly gonna disagree with you on that. I do agree with the recievers comment. Byron had no weapons to throw to.

Leftwich will be released. He will either be traded or released by 5:00pm tomorrow and I don't think a team is stupid enough to trade for him and pay him 5 mil when they can wait a few hours and sign him for 2 mil. or less.

Leftwich will be released. He will either be traded or released by 5:00pm tomorrow and I don't think a team is stupid enough to trade for him and pay him 5 mil when they can wait a few hours and sign him for 2 mil. or less.

Trades gurantee that you get the player though.

Jags shouldn't expect much though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 6th rounder go the Jags way though.

I must admit...with the Jaguars being my other beloved NFL squad (It's a North Florida thang, baby)...I did NOT see this one coming.

I mean...not at the time it did.

Okay, David...time to show what you can do and keep it consistent. Go win some games, baby!

And if it should so happen that Garrard goes down, do NOT doubt the ability of Quinn Gray. Dude can ball...that's fo' sho. (And if Gray's number does get called...he better hope his former Rattler teammate at FAMU, Jacquay Nunnally, is still in football shape--those two broke all kinds of records at FAM back when they were there...maybe that magic might translate? Okay...I'll stop smokin' now...)

But...at least for me, this sorta has a deeper meaning for me: how many other people were ever aware that the Jags were the ONLY NFL team to have had three black quarterbacks on its active roster? And ALL of them came from lesser CFB divisions...the MAC (Marshall--Leftwich), Conference USA (East Crolina--Garrard), and the MEAC (Florida A&M--Gray)?

[sarcastic humor]As for Byron...if he goes get cut outright, I do believe the Falcons will be the FIRST in line to scoop him up. Makes sense...going from the fastest black quarterback (if not fastest period) to the slowest black quarterback... :D [/sarcastic humor]

I don't know if, even though he could help, going after a black quarterback who played college ball in one of the Virginias and wears #7 would be the right thing for their image.

I could see the Browns, Raiders, Lions, and Chiefs all having interest.

Archived