Byron Leftwich Released

Island_Style

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could see him signing with his hometown Redskins.

Oh h-e-double hockey sticks no....we (skins fans) don't want him...

I dunno. I could dig Leftwich here. He did lead Jacksonville to the playoffs in '05 and they're getting rid of Brunell, while Collins has basiclly been a career second-third stringer, and Campbell's a little shaky.

I dunno. I could dig Leftwich here. He did lead Jacksonville to the playoffs in '05 and they're getting rid of Brunell, while Collins has basiclly been a career second-third stringer, and Campbell's a little shaky.

You're way off....Campbell is unproven and only got about 4 quarters of work in this preseason...This on top of only starting 7 games last year...Impossible to dub him "shaky" as of yet....Collins looked solid in the preseason against some 1st team defensive players..and Brunell looked, well....like what Mark Brunell usually looks like...an old man.... BUT..did have some very nice throws in there...

The fact that the Skins outright cut Jordan Palmer today tells me that they are set with the threesome at QB...A relatively solid threesome in my opinion.That being said, there is absolutely no reason to go out and sign Leftwich. Who, by the way, will no doubt end up injured where ever he goes. That is IF he sees the field. It appears he will end up being nothing more than a back up somewhere.

As a die hard Redskins fan, I prefer they stay with what they got and avoid Leftwich.

You're way off....Campbell is unproven and only got about 4 quarters of work in this preseason...This on top of only starting 7 games last year...Impossible to dub him "shaky" as of yet....Collins looked solid in the preseason against some 1st team defensive players..and Brunell looked, well....like what Mark Brunell usually looks like...an old man.... BUT..did have some very nice throws in there...

The fact that the Skins outright cut Jordan Palmer today tells me that they are set with the threesome at QB...A relatively solid threesome in my opinion.That being said, there is absolutely no reason to go out and sign Leftwich. Who, by the way, will no doubt end up injured where ever he goes. That is IF he sees the field. It appears he will end up being nothing more than a back up somewhere.

As a die hard Redskins fan, I prefer they stay with what they got and avoid Leftwich.

That's your problem right there. If you weren't too bias, you'd see that this entire team is going to be the worst Redskins team, maybe one of the worst teams, ever.

That's your problem right there. If you weren't too bias, you'd see that this entire team is going to be the worst Redskins team, maybe one of the worst teams, ever.

And with a few clicks on your keyboard, there went all pf your credibility....Worst teams ever? You are delusional...And that is not The Redskins fan in me speaking...As die hard as I am i still say they get no more than 7 wins (if that)...So, just how "bias" am I again??? You wouldn't happen to be a Ravens fan, would you? You talk like the proto-typical Ravens fan...The Skins could win the Super Bowl and dopey Ravens fans would downplay it..."Oh, they weren't the 2000 Ravens though"...Stop it....Worst teams ever? What are you going to tell me next...The blOw's will make the playoffs this year and win the World Series next year? By the way...How did the blOw-rioles do tonight anyhow??

And with a few clicks on your keyboard, there went all pf your credibility....Worst teams ever? You are delusional...And that is not The Redskins fan in me speaking...As die hard as I am i still say they get no more than 7 wins (if that)...So, just how "bias" am I again??? You wouldn't happen to be a Ravens fan, would you? You talk like the proto-typical Ravens fan...The Skins could win the Super Bowl and dopey Ravens fans would downplay it..."Oh, they weren't the 2000 Ravens though"...Stop it....Worst teams ever? What are you going to tell me next...The blOw's will make the playoffs this year and win the World Series next year? By the way...How did the blOw-rioles do tonight anyhow??

The same blOw's that have a better winning percentage than the Nats?

The same blOw's that have a better winning percentage than the Nats?
Yup...Those blOw's....I'll be the first to tell you the Nats suck something fierce...but hey, at least we have not had a 30 spot dropped on us and then proceded to get no hit 2 weeks later...

Touché, sir.

ok as a diehard Redskins fan, i would LOVE for them to cut the hell out of Brunell and bring on Byron. hes a helluva competitor and with our shaky O-line he would stand in there valiently. however i love J-Cam, and Byron would just be a backup or 3rd string to me.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'm not a Ravens fan, I'm an honest Redskins fan. And the O's are in fourth, for some reason unknown to man.

I'm not a Ravens fan, I'm an honest Redskins fan. And the O's are in fourth, for some reason unknown to man.

There is no way you could be a Skins fan and proclaim they could possibly be one of the worst teams ever. I admire your honesty...but come on man...don't be rediculous.

Chiefs cut Casey Printers their third string and only have Huard and Croyle on the roster.....

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

It's not uncommon for teams to just have 2 QB's on the 53-man roster.

Tampa having 4 QB's on the 53-man roster is strange...

I'll add that the Bills cut Craig Nall, so JP Losman and Trent Edwards are the only QB's on their roster.

You rarely use the third string QB, so why waste a roster spot. If the starter gets hurt you can easily pick someone up.

saBS.png

The local yokels are saying Lord Byron will end up in B'more. Maybe it's just wishful thinking from the guys behind the microphones, but word is Brian Billick really wanted to draft Leftwich and were chatting up the Vikes to the point of causing them to get their pick in late, allowing Jax to jump up from the seats and scoop him up.

I don't know how much stock you can/should put in it, since 1) I haven't seen any of this published, and 2) it is coming from me, and we all know that means "sound and fury signifying nothing."

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Ravens were apparently very close to trading up to pick Leftwich in the draft (and that has been published, but I don't feel like looking). The Vikings will swear by that too (to the point of saying that tied up phone lines were all that kept it from happening). The only difference in my recollection (which may be flawed) is that it was Ozzie Newsome that was pushing for Leftwich more than Billick.

I would not be shocked if the Ravens picked up Leftwich. However, I don't expect them to make a play for him unless something happens to McNair or Boller.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived