Sports Injuries

youcan'tseeme

That's suck a weird injury, were you slide tackled. when i did mine I was just kick. Caught the football, was about to hit full stride and it just popped.

No, its rather dull. We were having shooting practice and I just kicked the ball too hard and managed to injure my quad on the kicking leg. Repeat that by about 30 times over 3 weeks before I caved in and rested it and the little tears had combined to form a very tight twisted knot of a muscle that needed lots of massage to straighten it out. Its still not 100% even now a few months later. Thankfully not a full tear as that would've meant a long lay-off.

Funny thing is that another guy on my team has done the exact same injury now!

liverpool-1.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the two seasons I've played hurling so far, I'm lucky not to have sustained any major injuries. The worst one occurred during a game last year where I got whacked in the ankle twice, and this is before I started wearing my ankle brace/guard. It looked like I had two ankles after I took my cleats and socks off, and my parents basically made me go get it X-rayed the next day (despite the fact that I could still walk on it without too much trouble, and as I contended, it turned out to be just a severe contusion). My ankle still hurts when I put too much pressure on it or it gets bent awkwardly.

QPR%20Sig.png

HS Football: many broken fingers, concussions, cracked nose, fractured hand

Pop Warner Football: I jacked up my feet and it damaged both growth plates and had to wear casts.

By far...the most painful thing in the entire world....hockey/weightlifting I ruptured discs in my back. I will never be right again. I gave up golf, hockey, bowling, running, some lifting, etc because the pain is too great. It still goes out to this day (once or twice a year for six years now). Imagine a pain so sharp that it takes your breath away and you can't even take a leak, put on socks, or anything that deals with even standing up straight. I don't wish it on anyone.

KISSwall09.jpg

I've played football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and soccer at one point or another. Luckily, I've been able to stay pretty healthy, but I still have a few.

Concussion Happened during a soccer game, off of a throw-in. I went to head the ball and a kid came out of nowhere and head-butted me. I went black for about 30 seconds and then came to. I told my coach I was fine, so I played for 10 minutes in the second half. Then I started having double vision, so I had to come out.

I ripped my muscle on the inside of my hip shooting in warm-up during another soccer game. I couldn't kick, run, or pass. It sucked.

One concussion, caused during a no-pads tackle pickup game of football on Columbus day a couple years ago. Tackled my friend who came down on my head, got up for the next play after coming to my senses. While waiting for the next snap, went all sorts of dizzy and started freaking out because I couldn't remember the date and after looking at my watch, thinking I was missing school.

Broke both bones in my left forearm in seventh grade coming down off a skateboard that I shamefully must admit wasn't moving. My doctor told me it would have needed surgery if it wasn't for the fact I was still growing at the time. But here's the kicker... I got to the hospital at around 1 AM and my doctor didn't want to keep me overnight... so he set the bones without any painkillers. There were, no lie here, nurses that came from other parts of the hospital to ask what all the screaming was about. Having the bones set was exponentially more painful than breaking the bones in the first place. That bastard.

Tore my left elbow clean apart in a hockey game my junior year of high school. Was chasing an opposing player for the puck and I don't know if I slid out or was tripped, but I went down hard and my elbow pretty much popped. Literally tore everything there is to tear in the elbow and have x-rays where the joint is out, then in, then out again. It was freely sliding in and out of place because nothing was holding on at all. This tear combined with my earlier break means that I can't do a lot of stuff with my left hand, like hold change in my palm (can't rotate my arm enough) or make the conventional hand sign for the number three (thumb holding pinkie down, middle three fingers up).

Not really sports, but I gave myself a nasty cut on my chin roller blading to class during a summer program at Penn State when it started raining on my way there. Slipped on wet pavement and hit my jaw right on the ground. No breaks, but lots of blood and a nice little scar for my efforts.

Not a lot of injuries compared to some others here, but I'd put my left arm experiences up among the most gruesome put forth by the crowd (except for Kevin's ankle, which would be a runaway victory if he could still run... god I'm funny).

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

broken ankle on my first catch of the 7th grade football season...it was a first down and we won the game

broken pinky - basketball of the tip of it and broken it...never set right---8th grade

thats it

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Archived