Cleveland Browns

The Imperfect

They need to do something a plain NFL Helmet how can you market that? I like the dog or the (=B=) or even an interlocking CB would be cool.

Which explains why you never see people wearing Browns merchandise outside of Ohio. My guess is if the Browns ever get an owner like Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones, then the Browns would definitely re-work their unis for broader appeal.

You forgot the sarcasm smiley.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate Halas with a passion, the lying and cheating bastard. That being said, his contribution to the NFL warrants a singular tribute. The Browns' attempt to copy it for a man whose contribution (as you note) was no more than any other owner has done is both cheap and beneath them.

Hey, hey hey! It's MISTER Halas the lying and cheating bastard.

B)

Charlie Frye moved on.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7214446

Back on topic. Browns uni's are classic, too bad their play is not.

Has an NFL QB ever been traded within 2 days of starting at QB to open the season?? :wacko:

according to the article...no qb since the afl/nfl merger has that happened before.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

They need to do something a plain NFL Helmet how can you market that? I like the dog or the (=B=) or even an interlocking CB would be cool.

Which explains why you never see people wearing Browns merchandise outside of Ohio. My guess is if the Browns ever get an owner like Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones, then the Browns would definitely re-work their unis for broader appeal.

The reason you never see Browns gear outside of Ohio is because the franchise and team is going thru a long, drawn out period of sucking. When th Browns have been "on it" and competitive, throughout th 80s and into the early to mid-90's, they were one of the leaders in apparel sold. Look it up.

The classic, old school look is what appeals to people tired of the Bengals, Titans, Falcons and Buffalo Bills of the world. But no one wants to wear the gear of a rotten franchise. Even Raider gear is down while they suck.

The reason you never see Browns gear outside of Ohio is because the franchise and team is going thru a long, drawn out period of sucking. When th Browns have been "on it" and competitive, throughout th 80s and into the early to mid-90's, they were one of the leaders in apparel sold. Look it up.

The classic, old school look is what appeals to people tired of the Bengals, Titans, Falcons and Buffalo Bills of the world. But no one wants to wear the gear of a rotten franchise. Even Raider gear is down while they suck.

I would gladly buy a Browns jersey if any stores in the Vancouver area offered one with a player other than Kellen Winslow.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I would gladly buy a Browns jersey if any stores in the Vancouver area offered one with a player other than Kellen Winslow.

Couldn't you get one online?

I choose to support my local retailers, thankyouverymuch.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Browns unis are some of the very best and most distinctive in the league. They are much more identifiable than the Atlanta Falcons or Houston Texans or even the Tampa Bucs. Any of the new/ recent redesigns fail miserably when standing in comparison to the classic, classy Cleveland Browns.

Agreed on all counts.

I hate the state of Ohio with a burning passion, but have to give the Browns credit for one of the best looks in the league.

Oh, except for that silly "AL" patch.

Ohio, no doubt, hates you too. ???

Anyway...

Maybe instead of the "AL" patch they should go with "FM." As in, :censored: MODELL.

nav-logo.png

Lo and behold, I saw two people wearing Browns' gear yesterday: a man on the subway wearing a jersey and a guy wearing a cap in Midtown.

I have yet to see evidence of the whole "nobody wears Browns stuff" phenomenon that people who want an update use to make their case. Quite the opposite, in fact: I see as much, if not more, Cleveland merchandise on the relatively neutral streets of NYC as I do clubs with really modern looks.

It actually took quite a while for this thread to devolve into a "Was Cleveland Treated Fairly After The Browns Move?" discussion. Kudos to all involved.

For the record, I sympathize with the Cleveland fans, but I think Cleveland was treated much better than other cities in similar situations. Now, let's try to leave it at that.

Back on topic, as I said before, I don't believe the "Dawg" logo is per se unacceptable. On the other hand, I also don't think it should ever be put on the helmet . . . or any other logo, for that matter. Just pick one you can use for marketing and/or TV highlight show purposes besides a picture of a helmet.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived