New York Islanders

vicfurth

I wanted a concept that incorporated the Islanders 4 Stanley Cups in a bit more obvious fashion. The patch is nice, and I really like it, but you can't see it from far away. So, I've created a concept that has regained the traditional feel of the glory days, yet honors their glory days at the same time...

islandershome2.png

islandersroad2.png

Time to explain. I expanded the 4-stripe patch idea into the entire striping theme. I wanted to put in elements from their 70's-80's unis, but they didn't fit. For example, I considered triple striping (orange-white-orange) on the pants, but it would have clashed with the other striping. For this same reason, I used the newer numbers rather the single-outlined ones.

All in all, a very traditional concept. First concept in a while, so let me know how you like it (or if ya don't).

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The white is too white. It needs colour around the shoulders because right now it looks like a practice jersey.

I'd keep what you have with the blue jersey.

You could probably get away with making the collar blue on the white sweater to provide some color above the chest. The dark sweater can go with an orange color if you're going to maintain consistency, but I would not do much more than this. This works really nicely, and better than what the Isles are going with.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Very nice idea. A couple suggestions:

The white does look just a bit too plain. I'd add a colored collar and some sort of shoulder patch (maybe the lighthouse logo), as well as a shoulder patch on the darks as well.

Also, did you try doing the four stripes without the jersey-color stripes in between? I know you're trying to mimic the four-stripe shoulder patch, but that works because the stripes don't wrap around; they are four distinct, floating elements. This way looks more like seven stripes to me. Plus, if they win another Stanley Cup or two (I'm trying to suppress a chuckle right now), these jerseys are going to start looking ridiculous.

not bad, obviously better than what they have. love the lighthouse logo, that always get props in my book. i like the 4 stripes idea, the problem is if they win another stanley cup, the jerseys will immediately be outdated. not to suggest that they are in any danger of winning a stanley cup anytime soon, and i pray to ball-in-glove they don't ever win one in the abominations they released. but overall a nice concept and an acceptable one to me.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived