"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The way Buckeye fans were talking back in January, especially some of y'all here, the biggest upset ever was Florida 41, Ohio State 14in the 2006 BCS National Championship.

Since the Buckeye fans are going to have a field day with this, and rightfully so, I gotta give y'all some :censored:. :P

Not all of us my friend. I was saying Florida was not going to be easy by any definition. As Casey Stengel once said...You could look it up. But yeah you're right. We're definitely going to have a field day with this so we probably deserve a little :censored:. :D

BB52Big.jpg

PSU 59 FIU 0. Then piling into the Beaver Stadium concourse to see the end of Appalachian State-Michigan and going nuts. What a start to the '07 season :D .

.... ok I admit, I started to laugh right about there....

I saw, I came, I left.

So does this make Appalachian State the Chaminade of the 21st Century?

Sort of, although in Virginia's defense that game was at Chaminade.

Who is starting at QB for Notre Dame? (The most talked about 5 win team in years)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So does this make Appalachian State the Chaminade of the 21st Century?
Sort of, although in Virginia's defense that game was at Chaminade.

Who is starting at QB for Notre Dame? (The most talked about 5 win team in years)

Demetrius Jones started, and Evan Sharpley is now in. Put in Jimmy Clausen!

LvZYtbZ.png

So...as I watch a Missouri punt returner scamper in to put them up 37-13, I guess Illinois is "further away" than we thought.

(Injuries hurt, though).

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As I look for positives in the Illini game, I note that at least they didn't decide to wear the orange pants with the orange jerseys.

I sense another 2-win season in the offing, courtesy of Western and Indiana.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So...as I watch a Missouri punt returner scamper in to put them up 37-13, I guess Illinois is "further away" than we thought.

(Injuries hurt, though).

37-34.

Illinois is making a legendary-class comeback. Wow.

Today, we are all otaku.

Notre Dame aint looking so hot

And I'm willing to advance that the only people who are surprised by this are Lou Holtz and the rest of ESPN's college football analysts.

Today, we are all otaku.

Wow...congrats to Appalachian State! I just caught that on ESPNNews and my jaw dropped. Then, to have it happen AT MICHIGAN...in the BIG HOUSE...yeah--I bet Maize-N-Blue Nation is feelin ALL BENT OUT OF SHAPE right about now. And I don't know where Appalachian State's campus is located, but wherever it is, I bet the riot police are out--them folks goin' BUCKWILD right about now.

You know...the funny thing about this is that Kirk Herbstreit CALLED this one on College GameDay this morning. When they were going through their rundowns on best teams and most overrated teams, Kirk plain-out said that of all the Top 10 teams, Michigan would be the most susceptible.

Well damn...to have your theory proven right in week 1 by "some slack Division II team", as Paul Crewe (Adam Sandler) put it in "The Longest Yard"...damn.

Just ain't no other way to say it...DAMN.

Don't go anywhere near Ann Arbor for the next two weeks, folks.

At this time I'd just like to say I care absolutely nothing about Michigan or any other team in the Big 10...hell, outside of my beloved Seminoles, I really could care less for any other CFB team out there outside of FAMU...but I AM an underdog lover, and I LOVE how this game played out. And for #47 on the Mountaineers...talk about REDEMPTION, blocking that last kick.

Jerry Moore of App State...you will soon be the mayor of whatever city or town App State is in...or at the very least be given the key to that city or town.

In other news...Southern University beat Florida A&M today 33-27. On FAM's turf. Crap.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And now we get to see Jimmy Clausen.

Incidentally... you realize that since Division I split, Michigan's never defeated a Division I-AA (now FCS) team?

Saw this elsewhere....

Nor have they won since Bo Schembechler passed away.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived