"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anything really top this?

Boise State-Oklahoma II

Only if the mid-major wins.

BTW, 1st Quarter observations of the Bowden Bowl.

FSU is overrated.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Boise State-Oklahoma II

FSU is overrated.

As usual.

Can the poll voters stop putting Florida State in the top 25 every year. They only fall out of it within a few weeks. Another reason why College Football is a joke for having it's fake championship being decided by a power ranking.

I agree with both parts, especially Florida State always being in the top 25. FSU could win 4 games one year and still be ranked at least #25 the next year. The system favors traditional powers WAY too much.

I agree with both parts, especially Florida State always being in the top 25. FSU could win 4 games one year and still be ranked at least #25 the next year. The system favors traditional powers WAY too much.

No doubt, the only difference between a poll from the past few seasons and a poll from 50 years ago is the presence of Miami and a lack of a couple Texas schools.

I still prefer college football over hoops, but until football can get its act together, nothing is gonna top basketball's postseason. When you actually have to prove yourself on the playing surface, the Gonzaga's and George Mason's of the world can step up and deliver. When you let a bunch of suits decide, the team with the best record (Boise State) doesn't even get the title.

The thing that really gets to me is that they can have playoffs AND keep the bowl games. The FCS, D2 and D3 tourneys all end way before bowl season.

That Clemson FSU game ended up being more exciting then i thought...I got bored of it and was watchin other stuff and then i check the score as FSU pulls with in 6...too bad they couldnt have made a better effort for the go ahead score

That's because Clemson decided to play awful football in the second half. Why must ESPN insist on showing these early season FSU games, which are usually hideous examples of how not to play football?

illwauk...all I can figure is that the BCS Conferences benefit from the status quo...that's why we don't have a playoff.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Jimmy Clausen era is starting now:

South Bend, Ind. ? Notre Dame freshman Jimmy Clausen will start at quarterback Saturday against Penn State, with the Irish looking to rebound from a season-opening 33-3 loss at home to Georgia Tech.

"I think he gives us the best chance of winning," coach Charlie Weis said Tuesday.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/s...05_clausen.html

South Bend, Ind. ? Notre Dame freshman Jimmy Clausen will start at quarterback Saturday against Penn State, with the Irish looking to rebound from a season-opening 33-3 loss at home to Georgia Tech.

"I think he gives us the best chance of winning," coach Charlie Weis said Tuesday.

The only time you will ever see a team who lost their first game 33-3 still in the headlines

The new polls are out, and as expected, Michigan has fallen out of the top 25. Interesting how the coaches hold them in higher regard than the AP does though.

The coaches would know the teams better than the writers. (Though, most coaches aren't actually filling out the polls, it's someone in the Athletics Office doing it.) Appalachian State is a good football team, and could certainly beat at least half of the Division I-A teams.

How crazy was this weekend in college football?

-App. State had a cumulative total of 135,000 attend all their home games last season. Michigan routinely has 109,000 attending each game.

-Just how big an upset was this? Michigan has 85 scholarship players, most of which are top blue-chippers, and usually has a recruiting class in the top 10-15 in the nation. Appalachian State has 63 football players on scholarship, comprised mostly of players that all the Division I-A schools didn't want, and players coming from Division I-A schools that couldn't make it with the big boys.

-If I remember correctly, Georgia Tech handed Notre Dame it's worst home loss in their long history. (Or, their worst opening game loss in school history, I don't remember off-hand.)

-This is the first time since 1934 that Michigan and Notre Dame both started the season with a loss.

The only time you will ever see a team who lost their first game 33-3 still in the headlines

It still boggles my mind to see a team that will not even become bowl eligible get this much publicity.

Today, we are all otaku.

It still boggles my mind to see a team that will not even become bowl eligible get this much publicity.

I love Charlie Weis' on-going hypocricy. Before the season he said he wont rotate QBs once he names his starter at gametime, b/c it's not best for the team. He ends up playing all three. Now, in Game 2, he's already gone back on that. He'll be throwing his players under the media bus like always before too long. What a role model

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Boise State-Oklahoma II

FSU is overrated.

When has FSU not been overrated over the past 5 years?

Maybe Jimbo's still working out the kinks from sonny boy Jeff's reign of error - or maybe the problem's deeper than just the OC.

I love Charlie Weis' on-going hypocricy. Before the season he said he wont rotate QBs once he names his starter at gametime, b/c it's not best for the team. He ends up playing all three. Now, in Game 2, he's already gone back on that. He'll be throwing his players under the media bus like always before too long. What a role model

I'm really starting to dislike Weis. Sounds like he bought into all the hype over him. Remember, you were no better than a 5th choice, Charlie.

The new polls are out, and as expected, Michigan has fallen out of the top 25. Interesting how the coaches hold them in higher regard than the AP does though.

... the first word said it all... Thud! :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7190044

I thought they were definitely overrated at #5 but I was still ready to come in here and defend Michigan. I know they lost to a 1-AA school but I figured they were still at least good enough to be ranked between 20 and 25. Then I looked at the polls. The formula I use is simple. Would I bet money that team A is good enough to beat team B? After seeing how they looked on Saturday and then going over the polls I have to say that there isn't a team in the top 25 that I wouldn't bet on to beat Michigan...as of right now. We'll see what happens when they play Oregon.

This has to be the fastest and most dramatic turn of a season in sports history. One minute you're number 5 and a national championship contender. Three hours later you're a punchline. Ohio State fan or not, I still feel a little bad for them. I'd have to say that this is about as bad as it gets for a fan of any team.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived