New UConn Men's Basketball uniforms coming...

theLOFTstudio

from courant.com blog...

"On Wednesday, the Huskies posed for team and individual pictures -- in new uniforms. Yes, the uniforms are undertaking a slight change. The new ones are more tapered, more like muscle shirts. The color design is different, too, with more red trim. Also, UConn might have a third, or alternate, jersey with gray mixed in with the traditional red, white and blue."

i for one dont like this news one bit. i dont mind the uni's they have worn this past decade, but i would prefer a very simple national flag blue and white uniforms with UConn at home, and Connecticut on the road. very simple trim, thats it. the whole outlining in red irks me. i'm also afraid that the "gray" mixed in could possibly by those shoulder stripes that elite teams were sporting last year.

http://blogs.courant.com/sports_uconn/2007...basketb-25.html

Sounds like Nike's System of Dress to me also. I heard the UW Huskies were going to these as well...

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

is maryland getting new unis in this new nike system? i hope they dont tamper with it too much.

I think I saw somewhere that they're getting a yellow alt in the new style but I'm pretty sure the red and white are staying unchanged.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

is maryland getting new unis in this new nike system? i hope they dont tamper with it too much.

I think I saw somewhere that they're getting a yellow alt in the new style but I'm pretty sure the red and white are staying unchanged.

thank God. i think i saw that yellow alt too, it doesnt look very good lol

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the first pic (and only pic) I could find of the huskies new uniforms. Initial reaction: I love the emphasis on white, and I dont mind most of the side piping, but the piping under "UConn" is absurd... I'm really afraid of what the back looks like. You can also see there is type on one side of the shorts, probably "Huskies". This is supposedly Nike's system of dress... I'm happy to see that the shorts aren't ridiculously baggy like the 4 teams who wore them last year.

0708Team.jpg

Here's the first pic (and only pic) I could find of the huskies new uniforms. Initial reaction: I love the emphasis on white, and I dont mind most of the side piping, but the piping under "UConn" is absurd... I'm really afraid of what the back looks like. You can also see there is type on one side of the shorts, probably "Huskies". This is supposedly Nike's system of dress... I'm happy to see that the shorts aren't ridiculously baggy like the 4 teams who wore them last year.

0708Team.jpg

Horrible. Just Horrible.

I thought they were going away from the red and moving towards more navy and grey similar to the alt jerseys they were wearing the last couple of years.

The piping is absurd. I like the emphasis on white, but everything else is unnecessary. I can only imagine what the women's jerseys will look like. <_<

0708Team.jpg

The wordmark is way too high up on the jersey, barely underneath the collar. Almost on the collar. Plus the design, although distinguishable, envokes somewhat of a similarity to Syracuse's uniforms, which is not something you want for two Big East rivals.

These kinda scare me.

Is the barf smiley still banned around here? Because it definitely fits. The women's basketball team will look fantastic compared to this.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

0708Team.jpg

*Sticks finger down throat*. And I thought those throwbacks from the NCAA tourney a couple years back were ugly! These are even more hideous. I hate all these giant companies coming in and making college teams look like a middle-school special-ed program.

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

I need to see a bigger image, but from first look... I know I'm supposed to hate them, but I like the look for some reason.

I think I'd like them better if, instead of two separate areas of red on the side, the two red areas were connected, running all the way down the side.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Just realized that those shoes are actually Kobe Trainers (sorry I'm a sneaker-head).

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived