Chicago Cubs Batting Helmets

no97

I just noticed a photo on Cubs.com (sorry, I don't know how to post a photo from Flash - it's currently the third item from the left, titled "Ramirez, Lee deliver one-two punch for win") that shows the back numerals on the Chicago Cubs home batting helmets. They appear to be in Boston Red Sox font. Is this new? I can't say that I've ever noticed before what font was used (I guess I always assumed that they used the Cubs font), but this surprised me...

Moose

Looks like just a standard block lettering. But my eyes are not to be trusted.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I went to the some of the Cubs.com photo galleries, and found a few pics but, again they are all Flash, so I don't know how to post them. Specifically, you can look at the August 1st gallery, and find the back of Soriano's helmet (third from last photo), or the 5/15 gallery for Theriot's helmet (second). I think those are clearer...

Anyone have a better picture? I know I saw a pic of Fontenot's #17 somewhere, but can't find it again, and that was definatly a Red Sox font.

Moose

I went to the some of the Cubs.com photo galleries, and found a few pics but, again they are all Flash, so I don't know how to post them. Specifically, you can look at the August 1st gallery, and find the back of Soriano's helmet (third from last photo), or the 5/15 gallery for Theriot's helmet (second). I think those are clearer...

37052511zu4.jpg

51410949nd7.jpg

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

My father is going to the game today, and I asked him to take along his camera and try to get a good photo during BP (he's got good seats, and a good camera, but not that good. It's too bad I didn't notice this a couple of weeks ago when he sat ten rows behind the plate)... We'll see what he can come up with.

Moose

So, no luck with the photos from my father...

However, I did remember where I saw that photo of Fontenot's helmet... It was in Vineline, the Cubs monthly magazine. After reviewing it again, there is no question in my mind the Cubs use the Red Sox font. Sorry, i don't have access to a scanner, but it looks exactly like this:

Delcarmen1.jpg

Moose

• 2 weeks later...

Archived