George Mason University Patriots Concept

AAO

Yeah I see Mike Myers too. <insert creepy music from halloween>

I have a different version of the patriot holding the flag and not the sword, but that would be much too similar to nearby school George Washington University (Colonials, who also have an 18th century man as their logo). I'll post it later just for kicks.

The tri corner looks a bit like a spanish civil war era hat. other than that it looks great. ive always wondered why a team called the patriots have green and yellow as their colors....ive seen it other patriot/minutemen with those colors as well. anybody have information on that?

The hand holding the sword needs more definition. It's tough to tell it's a hand, and it looks like the wrist is at an awkward angle.

The issues with the face have already been covered.

The neck is too long. Or the head is too small. Pick one.

The head looks like it's being cut off by the M in your secondary.

Tighten up the space between the P and A in Patriots.

GEORGEMASON needs to be two words.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Thats funny you guys all saw halloween in the logo. I'll be honest I saw a ticked off Mary Poppins........anyway I think the word mark, the flag, and the whole idea you're getting towards is stellar and is flat out great. But that patriot is bugging me. Great shading and colors, it just seems, idk off balance or something. I think it will all turn out good though. I still give it an A.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I find it a little too complex for a collegiate athletic identity. The head is too small, neck too long, and the face looks backwards. I would defintely make the shadowed portion of the face the right side. the hand and many of the details need to be simplified and better defined to communicate the proper idea here.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

bout time someone thought those stars were too corny. as with everyone else, i like the wordmark but the patriot should have a musket not a sword! as everyone else said, the figurine looks too small and it almost looks like a green bere. soldier.

I intend on proposing this to them, after of course, the constructive criticism of the CCSLC:

Complete-GeorgeMasonPatriots.gif

The face does look strange...feminine (for lack of a better word). Also, I notice the head is facing left, but the nose is facing right.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Hmm, I don't know how I feel about this one. Here are some things I caught:

- I agree with everyone about the floating hat, head size, and sword position. These need to be looked over....

- It almost looks like he is wearing a neck brace (in other words, the neck doesn't look "natural")

- Try moving the M on the sword/flag logo away from the border of the sword.

- The Patriot is too small compared to the GMU mark in that logo.

- The right stem of the M in the bottom logo looks wrong. Either the center stem goes down too far or the right stem is up too high or something. Plus, there is a little sliver of gold there too.

- George and Mason need to show some separation in the main logo.

- How about making some movement marks for the sword? That might help the motionless state it is in right now.

- Something about the font seems awful freeware font to me.

All in all, this is a good concept. But if you ask me if this is university-ready, I would say no. If you are going to bring a concept before a school, you better have something stellar. This just isn't there yet.

Stay at it. It definitely has potential.

Archived