Guy Claims Knowledge of Dolphins Logo/Uni Change

arkansasdolfan

So I was going on finheaven.com, a Phins fan site when a guy is on there claiming knowledge of the Phins logo/uni change that was hinted at in the uniwatchblog entry in Feb. (along with the SD and NFL logo changes). Anyway, here is the link, its the first post. I would really like for someone to tell me that this guy has been hanging with Ricky Williams and this is not true.

http://finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=211214

dolphins2.png

There was a rumor that said the Dolphins would drop the 3D navy border from the numbers for a slim trim of navy instead. I don't think that was applied this season eighter.

No, they made the drop shadow much thinner though. It looks a lot better.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I knew that nothing was happening this year, even if I didnt frequent this board enough to know the procedures in place. However, I know that myself and 70 percent of Phins fans (yes, there was a poll that I am trying to find) would far prefer the new unis to be similar to the ones they wore on Thanksgiving in Dallas in 2003 . . . with the only change being to the shoulder numbers. Anything "modern" will make me want to throw up.

dolphins2.png

I knew that nothing was happening this year, even if I didnt frequent this board enough to know the procedures in place. However, I know that myself and 70 percent of Phins fans (yes, there was a poll that I am trying to find) would far prefer the new unis to be similar to the ones they wore on Thanksgiving in Dallas in 2003 . . . with the only change being to the shoulder numbers. Anything "modern" will make me want to throw up.

yeah those were great. with the only change really being needed is the numbers like you said.

fromthegame13550.jpg

fromthegame13554.jpg

yeah those were great. with the only change really being needed is the numbers like you said.

[LARGE PICTURES]

These Thanksgiving uniforms look great. Make the facemask white and that should be the Dolphins everyday uniform.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

[LARGE PICTURES]

These Thanksgiving uniforms look great. Make the facemask white and that should be the Dolphins everyday uniform.

Hmmm... I don't agree. I do agree that the Dolphins could have a better uni design but the past is called the past for a reason. Simple/Plain isn't always better. The Dolphins need something more modern. Simple (no unneeded/forced piping)yet effective.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Yum, seeing those jerseys always bring a smile to my face.

Also, if they were dead set on doing something radical with the helmet/jerseys then why not simplify the helmet by putting the orange "M" the Dolphin currently wears on the actual helmet while using the current logo on the jerseys. Yes, I know this is an extremely unpopular idea, but in my mind it is better than having some hideous mutated offspring of the Denver scheme and the Avante Guard (cringe) helmet representing Miami.

dolphins2.png

fromthegame13550.jpg

fromthegame13554.jpg

I love these uniforms and I think the shoulder numbers look fantastic as is.

Too many different striping patterns on those uniforms.

Just terrible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just terrible.

100% agree. The striping just sucks. Also, does anyone really think that older logo is superior to the current one? Really?

One more thing: those throwbacks used the current colors...not the ones used back in the day.

I think this logo in that thread would'nt be bad.

gregdolphinslogo2fq3.jpg

I like they idea of adding a greyish /silver as an accent color and get rid of the navy blue.

That pic looks Photoshopped to me.

I also think the silver is a bad idea...if indeed they go that route.

Hmmm... I don't agree. I do agree that the Dolphins could have a better uni design but the past is called the past for a reason. Simple/Plain isn't always better. The Dolphins need something more modern. Simple (no unneeded/forced piping)yet effective.

So the past is called the past because old uniforms are too plain? :therock:

Just terrible.

100% agree. The striping just sucks. Also, does anyone really think that older logo is superior to the current one? Really?

One more thing: those throwbacks used the current colors...not the ones used back in the day.

Yes. I have no problem with the older logo. And the striping rocks, for the simple fact it keeps a logo off the sleeves.

I think this logo in that thread would'nt be bad.

gregdolphinslogo2fq3.jpg

I like they idea of adding a greyish /silver as an accent color and get rid of the navy blue.

That pic looks Photoshopped to me.

I also think the silver is a bad idea...if indeed they go that route.

no thats what thay should do, thats perfect, nice combo of colors and such can any body maybe try to photoshop some silver in place of blue in the unks??

Archived