NFL Captain's C's

StevieY19

The complaints aren't so much about the idea, but about the execution (a cheesy patch, the stars for no reason, and relatively poor design).

-If they aren't going to require them, why bother designing a league patch?

-Why mark the number of years? Who really cares?

-There is no reason in the NFL to publicly indicate the captain; they have no special requirements or game role except for calling the coin flip (unlike hockey).

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What happens if their captain for more then 4 years?

Excellent question! I'm surprised you're the first one to think of it.

Cause I clearly didnt say this on the first page of this thread, post #3.

*smacks forehead with palm of hand*

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i like how you dont need any sort of merit to be a captain in the nfl these days. Jay Cutler? seriously? I realize that theres clubhouse leaders and all of that but how about earning it first....I dont know it just seems that with hockey, soccer and especially baseball where having a captain is extremely rare this whole notion of having six captains is just kinda pathetic. Having them wear a generic C makes it worse.

I'm glad the Bolts arent wearing them.

Don't the rules state that one captain has to be on the field at all times? If this is true, making your QB a captain just makes sense. He's the only one that's always out there, and it gives you more freedom for substitution.

i like how you dont need any sort of merit to be a captain in the nfl these days. Jay Cutler? seriously? I realize that theres clubhouse leaders and all of that but how about earning it first....I dont know it just seems that with hockey, soccer and especially baseball where having a captain is extremely rare this whole notion of having six captains is just kinda pathetic. Having them wear a generic C makes it worse.

I'm glad the Bolts arent wearing them.

Don't the rules state that one captain has to be on the field at all times? If this is true, making your QB a captain just makes sense. He's the only one that's always out there, and it gives you more freedom for substitution.

Well, most teams have 5 or 6 captains (the Titans have 6, I think)...so there WOULD always be one on the field.

I didn't like the C's at first but I am warming up to them. They allow you to easily identify which teams are going to self destruct because they name a guy who never showed up to training camp, under the guise of deciding whether to retire or not, because he doesn't like the coach and how he runs camp team captain.

I dunno what looks worse, the captain patches (Especially with the gold/tan trim, even tho it doesnt match most uniforms) or this

fullj.getty-75557830dv014_carolina.jpg

You kow the sleeves are getting ridiculous when reebok has to put their logo NEXT to the panthers logo on the sleeve, could be worse I guess, rbk couldve put thier logo in the blue stripe.

I kind of wish they'd do like hockey and put the vector above the nameplates. As you've mentioned, sleeve real-estate is at a premium.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here is a quick list of teams that are not wearing the patches. This is all from memory and it is not including the teams that are going to play on Monday night. So there may be a few mistakes.

The teams without the patches are:

Patriots

Redskins

Eagles

Chargers

Steelers

Chiefs

Jaguars

Falcons

Vikings

Rams

Cowboys

Packers

If I accidentally added a team or left a team off, let me know because I am not positive it is 100% right.

The Falcons are wearing them. It might have been easy to miss, since their QB isn't one of the captains, but they were wearing 'em.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Article...m_captains.aspx

What happens if their captain for more then 4 years?

Nobody stays on the same NFL team for more than 4 seasons.

Really? Tell that to Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Payton Manning, Ray Lewis, Dan Marino, and Barry Sanders. I really wouldn't say any of those guys are "nobody".

cttdolphins2.png

You know, what kills me is that the vast majority of you people are acting as though the Cs are an NHL-like redesign project.

They designate captaincy, nothing more. :censored:ing relax, it's barely a design element (much like the NFL EQT logo), but you're all sitting here whining about how the NFL is going to hell, raping your childhoods, etc etc etc.

It's a C.

The awful purple and teal explosion of the 90's raped my childhood...this is no big deal IMO.

I actually really like it.

Works for me.

During the Bills-Broncos game today, both teams wore the patches.....

5bbe6ecc-3287-41b9-8085-863506382cc7.jpg

e342a1cb-5895-462f-9b82-77a6f1505bdc.jpg

If they have to wear these things, can't they atleast make them team colored? Oh, and I think they'd look much better if the background color of the patch was the same color as the jersey and the "C" was the same color as the number/ letter font.

But I think that would be to hard.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Is the piping on the Bills jersey thicker than normal? Is that a new "feature" for this season? It looks (and always looked) horrible.

Archived