Charlotte Bobcats Set to Unveil Makeover

Brian in Boston

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought it was established that they are using the same colors but switching the primaries?

Who "established" that?

The Charlotte Business Journal is reporting that the NBA's Bobcats are revamping their look as part of a marketing campaign meant to help the team make "a real connection with the city".

According to Greg Economou, the team's chief marketing officer, "... the Bobcats plan to emphasize blue as a primary color for the franchise, using the previously dominant orange only as an accent. The blue jersey introduced last year will be worn by the team for 20 games this season, up from 12 in 2006-07. By 2008-09, blue will be the main color used in team apparel, marketing and elsewhere."

I thought it was established that they are using the same colors but switching the primaries?

Who "established" that?

The Charlotte Business Journal is reporting that the NBA's Bobcats are revamping their look as part of a marketing campaign meant to help the team make "a real connection with the city".

According to Greg Economou, the team's chief marketing officer, "... the Bobcats plan to emphasize blue as a primary color for the franchise, using the previously dominant orange only as an accent. The blue jersey introduced last year will be worn by the team for 20 games this season, up from 12 in 2006-07. By 2008-09, blue will be the main color used in team apparel, marketing and elsewhere."

If I'm not mistaken, the leak in question was in meetthemets' comments on the upcoming new Tampa Bay set.

Who "established" that?

If I'm not mistaken, the leak in question was in meetthemets' comments on the upcoming new Tampa Bay set.

Aha! I get it now.

So the Rays might use light blue huh? I mean.....some baseball team might....oh forget it. But I did predict it though if its true.

Is there any color out there other than baby blue that teams can use for their "new look"? [MOD EDIT...DON'T LEAK THE COLORS]

Seems like everyone is using the same colors these days.

darthvadernooo1ct5.jpg

:cursing:

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

So they're going to look like the grizzlies only with orange and carolina blue accents?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is there any color out there other than baby blue that teams can use for their "new look"? [MOD EDIT...DON'T LEAK THE COLORS]

Seems like everyone is using the same colors these days.

darthvadernooo1ct5.jpg

:cursing:

thnx for the laugh....that was awesome.

Did meetthemets really leak the colors, or was he just guessing? There's a whole thread of speculation on the Devil Rays, so why is meetthemets' comment the only one that gets edited? Guess he nailed it.

(Or is meetthemets one of our silent insiders and I'm not giving him his due. If so, I apologize.)

Pantone, do they really internally refer to it as orange? we are always told by the Bobcats to avoid the term "orange".

the unis are the same navy ones they wore last year, so to that, what's the news other than a revamp of the color scheme?

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Pantone, do they really internally refer to it as orange? we are always told by the Bobcats to avoid the term "orange".

the unis are the same navy ones they wore last year, so to that, what's the news other than a revamp of the color scheme?

The official logosheet lists it as "Charlotte Bobcats Orange", but someone here called it correctly. It's Warm Red. Warm Red is open to interpretation - it could be easily called Red or Orange, depending on its application.

I think the only real "change" here for the Bobcats is a de-emphasis on the Orange/Red, and an emphasis on the Blue. Maybe a re-vamp of the logo in the future? I don't know - maybe.

The official logosheet lists it as "Charlotte Bobcats Orange", but someone here called it correctly. It's Warm Red. Warm Red is open to interpretation - it could be easily called Red or Orange, depending on its application.

I think the only real "change" here for the Bobcats is a de-emphasis on the Orange/Red, and an emphasis on the Blue. Maybe a re-vamp of the logo in the future? I don't know - maybe.

after review, that is correct "Charlotte Bobcats Orange". that's funny, the director is very specific that any reproductions are not orange in color, but the red-orange/warm red.

po-tay-to, po-tah-to

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Archived