Fantasy Football Start 'em or Sit 'em

nwtrailtrekker

I propose a game of sorts, It goes like this.

A person can post here a question on who they should start at a certain position, and someone else can put their opinion in on it, and, if they wish, post a question on who they should start with their own team, to keep the chain running.

I'll start:

For my 2nd starting running back, should I start Marshawn Lynch (BUF) in his first career game, or start Clinton Portis (WSH), who is recovering from an injury and will be sharing carries with Ladell Betts?

I propose a game of sorts, It goes like this.

A person can post here a question on who they should start at a certain position, and someone else can put their opinion in on it, and, if they wish, post a question on who they should start with their own team, to keep the chain running.

I'll start:

For my 2nd starting running back, should I start Marshawn Lynch (BUF) in his first career game, or start Clinton Portis (WSH), who is recovering from an injury and will be sharing carries with Ladell Betts?

Personally, I would start Portis over Lynch against Denver, but later in the season Lynch should dominate.

saBS.png

I agree - start Portis this week.

For my flex W/R position, my choices are Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings, DeShaun Foster, or Leon Washington. So far I'm using Calvin Johnson. Opinions?

If it's a PPR (points per reception) league, go with a WR, notably Jennings. If it's not, RB's tend to get more points, and go with Foster.

Calvin Johnson is Detroit's 3rd WR right now, so his fantasy value's not as good as the others right now.

Go with Foster. The Rams' run defense isn't that much improved, and the Panthers will want to keep the Rams offense off the field.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

For my third WR, should I use Deion Branch or Muhsin Muhammad.

I also have a kicker issue - I currently have Gostkowski, but Hanson is available. Stick with Gostkowski or get Hanson?

Branch, only because he has a much better QB throwin to him.

Keep Gostkowski, only because he should get more XP attempts.

For me, Adrian Peterson or Deuce McAllister?

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

For my third WR, should I use Deion Branch or Muhsin Muhammad.

I also have a kicker issue - I currently have Gostkowski, but Hanson is available. Stick with Gostkowski or get Hanson?

Branch, only because he has a much better QB throwin to him.

Keep Gostkowski, only because he should get more XP attempts.

For me, Adrian Peterson or Deuce McAllister?

I'd go with Deuce for now, but keep your eye on Peterson.

Here goes for me:

Currently my K is John Kasay (Car), John Carney is available, should I keep Kasay or add Carney?

I thought Furrey would be the #3 WR with Calvin coming in.

Nah, they want Calvin to "earn" his spot at #2. Furrey led the team in receptions last year.

My turn, I'm obviously taking Furrey over Calvin, but do I start Furrey over Braylon Edwards? I'm definitely starting Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson, but I'm kinda torn between the other wideout. Also, Randy McMichael or Vernon Davis?

Also, Randy McMichael or Vernon Davis?

Not sure...McMichael was brought in more as a short yardage/red zone guy, but in the past Linehan has gotten the ball to him a fair amount. I'd probably go with him over Davis, though.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

On Edwards v. Furrey, I would go with Braylon Edwards - Furrey is Detroit's #2, but I think

Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams are going to get a lot of touches despite wanting Johnson

to "earn" his spot.

My question - RB2 - should I go with Thomas Jones or Brandon Jacobs. I was initially thinking

Jones, but he has had an injury issue and the Jets are playing the Pats. I think Jacobs may be

a better choice at this time. Let me know what you think.

Which 2 should I use out of these 4: Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Roy Williams or Torry Holt?

Ocho Cinco promised us something special for the opener, so I'll take him at his word. I'd take Roy Williams for #2 against Oakland.

Today, we are all otaku.

It appears that Dwayne Bowe isn't going to see any significant action if any early on.

Therefore, do I play Samie Parker as my 3rd wideout (which is how I have it now) or play Brandon Jones of Tennesee. I assume I have to go with Parker...

....and yes, I have a big RB excess that I have to try and void myself of to get a better 3rd wideout...but nothings been available on the trade market to date...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

OK, here's my situation. Starting QB = Denver's Jay Cutler or Detroit's Jon Kitna ?

Call me biased, but I'd go with the Kitna-kaboodle. He was 5th in the league in passing last season, and he's got better targets this season.

Archived