Nick at Nite gets new logo

patsox

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow thats odd, cause the other day I saw a commercial for nick at nite, and it had the old logo and I was thinking how it was cool that they were still using cause the old logo was always the logo since I was a little kid! I think its a downgrade just for nostalgic purposes, and the fact they feel they needed to give it a nickelodeon look with orange and the splat.

it doesnt seem right to give the nickelodeon look (that most assosiate with kids) to the nick at nite logo (assosiated with old fogies)

I'm guessing the switch is because the first generation of kids who grew up on Nickelodeon are now watching Nick at Nite.

it doesnt seem right to give the nickelodeon look (that most assosiate with kids) to the nick at nite logo (assosiated with old fogies)

I'm guessing the switch is because the first generation of kids who grew up on Nickelodeon are now watching Nick at Nite.

I was just thinking the same thing. Home Improvement is on Nick at Nite now... crazy.

I was just thinking the same thing. Home Improvement is on Nick at Nite now... crazy.

Makes me feel old...and I'm 14...I remember when Gilligan's Island and All in the Family was on there...

Makes me feel old...and I'm 14...I remember when Gilligan's Island and All in the Family was on there...

Heck, the regular Nick makes me feel old.

I think it's gonna come a time that eventually that the kids portion of Nickelodeon will 24/7, while Nick at Nite gets incorporated into TV Land (which is starting to play a lot of the current stuff N@N shows) or be spun off into its own channel (maybe as TV Land 2 or something). That's what they're about to do with Noggin and The N, with The N going to Nick Games and Sports' channel space, and Nick GAS being internet exclusive. It's suppose to take place around New Year's. The Nickelodeon side has plently of inventory to go 24/7, and TV Land/Nick at Nite have quite a few shows that they're not broadcasting and are just sitting on those shows until they either let the contracts die or replace another show on their schedules.

As for the logo itself...it's not too bad. Kinda cool, actually.

As a 16 year old guy who watches Nick At Nite, I can safely say that most Nickelodeon viewers are starting to watch Nick At Nite. When they got Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in 2004, it was such a huge draw and one of the only channels you could see it on (aside from the local channels rarely).

Cosby Show, Fresh Prince, and now Home Improvement are such a big draw and are on at such an early time so it caters to those High School kids who go to bed around 9-10 and want to watch some funny.

Also, Nick at Nite's demographic is more for women. Trust me I should know from all the damn female hygiene product commercials.

That's what they're about to do with Noggin and The N, with The N going to Nick Games and Sports' channel space, and Nick GAS being internet exclusive. It's suppose to take place around New Year's.

Nick GaS used to kick ass, I was wondering what the hell they were doing it cause for the past year or so theyve only showed the same 5 shows (Double Dare 2000, Legends of the hidden temple, guts, Figure it out, and something else) I miss when they would show Double Dare (DD2000 wasnt near as good as the orginal dd) and all the other shows, even Think Fast and Make The Grade 2 shows I diidnt see since I was young, and now nickelodeon is giving up on nick gas. ARG!

What THEY should do is creat a Classic Nick channel showing nick shows from late 80s - mid 90s

I think it's gonna come a time that eventually that the kids portion of Nickelodeon will 24/7, while Nick at Nite gets incorporated into TV Land (which is starting to play a lot of the current stuff N@N shows) or be spun off into its own channel (maybe as TV Land 2 or something). That's what they're about to do with Noggin and The N, with The N going to Nick Games and Sports' channel space, and Nick GAS being internet exclusive. It's suppose to take place around New Year's. The Nickelodeon side has plently of inventory to go 24/7, and TV Land/Nick at Nite have quite a few shows that they're not broadcasting and are just sitting on those shows until they either let the contracts die or replace another show on their schedules.

As for the logo itself...it's not too bad. Kinda cool, actually.

Correct me if i'm wrong madman but didnt NICKELODEON GAS folded in 2005.

As for the logo...

I kkind of like it although it weird that the old diners logo is gone and it's put that whole NICKELEODEON changing thier logo rumors to rest.

No, Nick GaS is still broadcasting 24/7 today.

On December 31, 2007, The N's sister channel, Nickelodeon GAS, is slated to leave the digital cable channel lineup and become an online-only service, with The N slated to take over Nick GAS's channel position after splitting from Noggin, which will become a 24-hour channel.

Archived