Nick at Nite gets new logo

patsox

No, Nick GaS is still broadcasting 24/7 today.

On December 31, 2007, The N's sister channel, Nickelodeon GAS, is slated to leave the digital cable channel lineup and become an online-only service, with The N slated to take over Nick GAS's channel position after splitting from Noggin, which will become a 24-hour channel.

I guess all the "Degrassi: The Next Generation" fans will be s***ting, themselves over this news.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On December 31, 2007, The N's sister channel, Nickelodeon GAS, is slated to leave the digital cable channel lineup and become an online-only service, with The N slated to take over Nick GAS's channel position after splitting from Noggin, which will become a 24-hour channel.

i heard GaS was leaving to become a channel with shows from the 80s and 90s like the old, good all that, pete and pete, cousin skeeter kenan and kel, etc...

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

i heard GaS was leaving to become a channel with shows from the 80s and 90s like the old, good all that, pete and pete, cousin skeeter kenan and kel, etc...

i remember those shows. every saturday and sunday i would make a point to watch Pete and Pete, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude(it was that show that inspired me to eventually go to visit texas, still one of my favorite places to visit) Wild, and Crazy Kids, You can't do that on TV, Clarissa Explains it all (meh, i had a hard on for Melissa Joan Hart at the time. i saw some recent pics and was like good God what happened?!), Welcome Freshman etc. Then i would watch the nick at night programming, like Get Smart, Alfred Hitchcock presents(that was a religous experience for me), Dragnet. There was others i just can't remember off the top of my head. Nick at night was must watch for me almost everynight.

oh forgot, (while not Nick at night programming, but fox programming), Cops, Simpsons and Married With Children were must watch for me.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I just saw the new logo on-screen for the first time last night, after seeing it here for a while. Ditching that paint splotch edge effect for a cleaner looking moon would go a long way toward improving it. But even then, I can't help but think the "Nick" font still makes it look too juvenile--it's been tied to the kids' programming way too long.

They just need to put a Nick channel on cable that plays the shows from the early to mid 90's. It's been an enormous downward spiral ever since then, and I would still watch those cartoons, even at 17. I think it's kind of erroneous that they're getting rid of GaS, because apparently they still show two of my favorite shows, Legends of the Hidden Temple and Guts.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

I guess all the "Degrassi: The Next Generation" fans will be s***ting, themselves over this news.

*raises hand sheepishly*

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Wha?!?! They're getting rid of GaS? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

However, if they did bring back Salute Your Shorts and Wild N' Crazy Kids, I wouldn't complain.

interesting not on Salute', that show actually inspired me to flagpole the underwear of this piece of cow flop that i had to deal with in high school and a summer of summer camp. after that i enjoyed summer camp. I wish that show was back on air, so i can relive all my fun summer camp moments.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I think that the downfall of NICKELODEON happen when they moved out of the famous NICKELODEON STUDIO in Florida and I was hearing rumors that they were going to get rid of the famous SLIME LOGO to make its look grown-up.

BTW...

What would happen if they brought back NICK ARCADE but with the games from PS3 and XBOX.

tv viewing schedules aside, surely the nick at night logo is not considered one of the great iconic logos out there.

having done plenty of work for nick uk and having worked on the nick kids choice awards i can tell you

straight off that nickelodeon logos and branding are not 'designed'.

instead huge committees sit down and things emerge from the spoiled broth of too many cooks.

this nick at night logo is perhaps one of the lesser tainted features of this process, but surely thats all

you can say about it? bar the usual "i think its an improvement/ backward step on the last itteration." that gushes

through these threads, nes pas?

boring, im gonna find some real design.

So the new nick at night logo sucks, it looks like an over spill from a coffee mug stain on a paper...wow extremely crappy.

Don't watch the channel, so i could care less about it, but that logo sucks.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Well, it works. It's amazing how far the N@N audience has come, those who watched Nick at Nite in the 90s and Nick itself during that time = now young adults, myself included. I'm 20 now, and boy do I remember all those old shows! Man, I am old! :D

UBwef0L.png

Why the :censored: is George Lopez on Nick at Nite? Have they ditched their format altogether?

Cmon patsox, dont you know that No channel stays true to what its about?

G4 was supposed to be only about videogames, now its a spike tv wannabe

Sci-Fi shows ECW, nothing to do with science fiction.

CNBC will show the olympics or us open sometimes.

Why the :censored: is George Lopez on Nick at Nite? Have they ditched their format altogether?

Oh sorry...I should've known better.

Heres a few more...

MTV is supposed to be musics but now it's all about reality show

VH1 shows nothing but reality shows

CNBC will also shows the NHL after what happens on 5-19-07

CARTOON NETWORKS is going to switch formats so it's could looks like DISNEY CHANNELS

BTW CARTOON NETWORK...

THEY ENDED FRIDAYS FOR THIS :cursing:

Archived