Feb. 2004 webdav identity & naming challenge

webdav

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vic, just in case you didn't get my email, your entry is ready to be sent in to webdav. I emailed you a link to a .gif preview of it so you can approve it before it's sent. I'm really sorry it took so long to get that done! Forgive me! :cry:

Anyways, let me know via email or PM if you're cool with it and I'll give it to Dave.

Also, I've FINALLY devised a name for my entry. It will pay homage to a small piece of Brooklyn history that seems to have gone overlooked.

With Nitroseed, Rozilla (Atomic Duck), and many others, it is gonna be a great contest. I expect to get my arse booted, even if my entry doesn't stink. I'm gonna wish we could vote for a second and third place. I sent mine in about 4 days ago and the "c'mon, c'mon, c'mon" thing has set in. Feb. 28 will be the one month point, but Webdav has said there is no set deadline yet.

Anyway, I'm excited to see everyone's stuff.

I dodnt have the artistic abillity or the program to do a good logo but I now have some team names that may work.

Brooklyn Americans

Brooklyn Bridge

& Brooklyn Robins (My personal favorite choice Dodgers were known as Robins in the 20's under Wilbert Robinson it is alsoa tribute to Jackie Robinson)

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm going to back out of the design portion... just can't seem to get it off the ground. However, I do have a few names that I toyed with. If anyone is still planning to enter, but stuck for a name, PM me.

Serious inquiries only! Because it's a contest, I'm only going to share the names with the one person.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I have also recieved entries from Evan, Rozilla74 and vicfurth (through Nitroseed.)

Whoever has the email address mgravito (at) rcn (dot) com - I recieved your explanation, but not your entry - there was no file. Please resend.

I think I'll set a deadline for March 8th to recieve entries. I'll try to have the voting later that week.

P.S. With the new board, it seems we can have up to 20 choices in a poll, so I probably won't have to eliminate anyones entry before voting!

I have also recieved entries from Evan, Rozilla74 and vicfurth (through Nitroseed.)

Whoever has the email address mgravito (at) rcn (dot) com - I recieved your explanation, but not your entry - there was no file. Please resend.

I think I'll set a deadline for March 8th to recieve entries. I'll try to have the voting later that week.

P.S. With the new board, it seems we can have up to 20 choices in a poll, so I probably won't have to eliminate anyones entry before voting!

thanks dude for the update, you just took a load off my mind! phew, im in!

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

I regret to inform I have been forced by a rather unkind schedule to withdraw from this month's WIN Challenge.

I had some ideas for a Brooklyn Knights team (yeah, Brooklynites... Brooklyn Knights... the connection is cheesy, but some of the ideas were solid). Hopefully I'll be able to get those down into logo form some day.

Anyway, good luck to all entrants.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived