Feb. 2004 webdav identity & naming challenge

webdav

When is this gonna go to the polls??? I am dying here waiting to see the other designs! :D

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I guess the deadline was set for March 8, and voting is a few days later. Let's give the man a little time to get things together, though. I'm curious to see how it will be presented this time around. I wonder if the stuff will be presented like the template, or if the primary logo will be larger than the others. That would be great, but not my call.

Has the media been alerted? Any NBA folks going to be lurking about when it's up?

Best of luck to all. This one should be fun.

Hey guys, quick update -

I had set a soft deadline, and since I have a hard deadline at work, that soft deadline is being extended for now.

I'll still accept entries until I have time to put the voting together.

Sorry about the delay!!

I'd like to post the poll but I seem to have misplaced one entry:

NESI - if you are out there, please try to email me your entry. I remember you sent it via AIM but I have misplaced it and I need it to post the poll!

Where can I find the entries? Too late name suggestion...Brooklyn Boardwalkers

?Brooklyn has a famous Boardwalk (Coney Island)

?Basket ball courts have wooden (boards) floors

?Has a long name like Knickerbocker feel to it

?Shortend nickname, the Brookyn Boards also works like the shortened Knicks.

?Boards are also the term for the backboard behind the net as well as a historical conection to the Nets

?Although walking is a No-No the name has a feel of men striding down the court.

WOW guys. That was the best top to bottom webdav (sorry WIN) challenge I have witnessed. Kudos to all involved.

I really hope we get a chance to do something like this for whatever additional hockey teams buffalopro sends our way. Maybe some dont even have names and we could full on WIN it.

ANyway, getting back to the point at hand....terrific work all around. Standouts to me included the Brigade, and the one I voted for.........the Aces.

Whomever did that one, can I make a T-shirt with your permission?

Congrats guys. Getting better as a whole, getting better all the time.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I hope Dave can bump the vote up, as it is sliding down the pile without responses allowed.

Don't want it to disappear! How will the Nets see it otherwise (har har).

This is a good representative. There are good and great, but no dregs. Not bad at all, gentlemen. If I weren't so sleepy, I'd go further into an analysis, but I'll do that tomorrow. And I'll talk t-shirt, too.

Kudos!

Nice work everyone! Glad to be associated with some really cool designs!

Hey dav, when is the next one...lol!

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

This contest is so old now already...

I like the style on the Brooklyn Heights. You can tell there is craftsmanship there, and an original idea. Looks like something you might see some day on a court. I don't think there's enough difference between the primary, secondary and tertiary marks, though. I'd use the secondary mark and the wordmarks, and not use the other two.

The Brooklyn Royals are running off with it. I really like the 2ndary and 3rd logos better than the primary. The crown on the ball is so tall, ("Willlllssonnnn!") and the KC Royals might have a problem with using a script-even if it's a different sport. This logo family also has nice, consistent style. Unis are cool.

Archived