Eyenovate Logo (New Company)

ABCJr

well, its the worst name ever.

i can see what they.... eye-no-vate....ah, i get it....innovate...clever.

not your fault obviously.

the logo is just a standard, middle of the road logo tho.

old cliche of an eye as an 'e'/'o'/'a'...etc.

how does your pallette relate to logo?

well, its the worst name ever.

i can see what they.... eye-no-vate....ah, i get it....innovate...clever.

not your fault obviously.

the logo is just a standard, middle of the road logo tho.

old cliche of an eye as an 'e'/'o'/'a'...etc.

how does your pallette relate to logo?

Looking at what the client's industry had, we felt there needed to be something that said innovation while not too closely mimicking other companies. That's where we decided on this.

Actually, the name is my fault. The company itself has two products, optical practice management software and a consumer product that is very different and effective. It is a name that made sense to me and seemed to be something that would work with investors.

Logo-wise, I felt we needed something that could stand alone. That seemed to be a best of all worlds (safe, but not too safe) choice.

Again, it had to play as well to the investors as the customers.

Thoughts?

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

A new company that will provide both eye-related consumer products and practice management software. Any thoughts on the logo?

eyenovatetestlogo.jpg

The boxes below are not part of the logo, just colors in the palette.

-Albert

The colors and text give it a good, clean look. I think that much is very fitting for a company in the optical industry.

BUT....the eye logo is creeping me out. It looks like a cold, piercing stare, and the pointed arcs give it an edgy, sci-fi feeling. The first three things I thought were... zombie, robot, Orwellian.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Hey All:

So, I've slept on it for a couple of days and concluded that I must have some horrible design judgment. I really thought this worked and looked well, but it seems to have totally missed the mark.

Where do you think I should go from here?

I've heard (outside this board) universally positive things about the name. Thoughts?

-Albert

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

I really like the colors and the type. I think the mark is all right, but there is something about it that's not quite . . . welcoming I think is it. Something oddly synthetic about the logo. I don't think you have terrible judgment, really, just a classic case of becoming too attached to your own work, probably.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Hey All:

Took a few thoughts and put them together. The colors seemed to be mostly favorable, so I kept them. There was some concern about the font weight being too light, so I upped that a bit. And, while I kept it literal, I think this version might be a bit better. Thoughts?

eyenovate2.jpg

-Albert

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

Basically what Gordie said, make the eyeball logo as the O and make the rest of the font the same colour as novate and you have a winner (keeping the eyeball colour the same dark green).

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Hey All:

Thanks again for all of your feedback. I really can't express how much I appreciate you taking the time to take a look at this stuff and offering your thoughts. You're all a tremendous asset.

I've not yet had time to play with it to make changes, but I will tonight. I also have another concept or two floating in my mind, so I'll throw those out as possibilities as well.

Thanks again,

Albert

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

The last one.

What the hell is going on with the boomerang?

Honestly... I have no clue...

This has been a frustrating project. I've never really had a problem visualizing a design like I've had with this one. Normally, there is a flash of inspiration, but there really hasn't been one.

The first of the four in the previous group is my favorite.

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

That boomerang one is easily, EASILY the best one you've shown, and it's because I had to think about what the graphic represents and what it means in order to understand what the logo is for. It's simply a lot more interesting than the literal images (For the record, I saw a visual translation of the focal structure within an eye or lens, plus it's akin to an arrow pointing forward, representing advancing technology or innovation). The placement of the graphic is more interesting, adding a degree of dynamism not seen in your others. It provides a little subliminal info about whom it represents (Eyenovate focuses on eye care advancements, et al). The two color text and two color image playing with each other interests me. I could go on, but face it, none of this could be said about the others. There's no metaphor or interest in an eye representing an eye care company.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yeah, the boomerang doesn't work for me. When you sit and stare at a logo trying to figure out how the hell it has to do with the name, you aren't doing a good job. And by boomerang, i meant the 2nd logo, not the first one which isn't too bad either. The last 2 of the 4 that have been unveiled as of late are the best of the bunch.

It's like naming a car company Rabbit and having a Bear for the logo...made you think, and your thoughts are "wt* were they thinking?" The last 2 work for me, they are the best of the bunch by a large margin.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived