Eyenovate Logo (New Company)

ABCJr

i'm in agreement with andrew - his comments are exactly the same sentiments that I had when I looked at the boomerang logo - but I instantly caught the eye-doubling-as-an-arrow and I think it's a very successful mark. well done with that - the rest, as he suitably pointed out, fall just short of this standard. keep going in that direction, refine it a tad more, and you've definitely got a solid brand mark.

OD_Signature.jpg

Hey All:

Thank you all again.

I stepped back after reading your comments and realized that, in effect, people have been drawing eyes on rocks for millennia, so there probably isn't much that I can do right now that would be considerably different.

Just for greater context, this company exists under a different name, and manufactures magnetic clips for prescription glasses. These clips have a coupe of innovations that are not found anywhere else in the marketplace, therefore they are attracting a good bit of VC/Angel interest. There is also a software product that he paid someone to develop for his father's practice. After looking at the capabilities, several people have said, "This is better than anything else out there." We're in the process of refining the software package for release.

I'm a minority owner of the company, which probably makes this a bit more difficult. The current branding the inventor developed is horrible, so I'm working on developing the overarching identity for both sections of the business (product and software), then finally on sub-brands for the various lines of lenses and eventually frames.

The "boomerang" was definitely meant to echo both the right half of the eye and also give the logo a sense of movement. There are three pieces because I had ORIGINALLY tried to make it left-facing and, therefore, have a "hint" of a capital E. That obviously didn't look exactly right, so I moved it to its current position.

I really like the first of the four, but again, as Andrew and Gordie said, it is uninspired. The other eye logos remind me of these rip-off firms that just put SOMETHING common in the front of their name.

I'll play again tonight and get back to you all.

Thanks again

-Albert

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

Ok, I'm almost scared of putting this up. I feel like this might be it.

So, here's the thinking. Both Andrew and Gordie liked the suggestion of an eye, without making it cliche. The thought was that there is some dynamism, something that suggests innovation first, eye second.

I started playing with my eye-like form and came to a general "tech" looking eye (the left eye if someone where looking at you). I found that I liked the shape, but it seemed a bit empty. I tried rotating, placing it around the name in different places, but nothing seemed to work. SO, I added another of the same shape. Started rotating and playing. Then it hit me.

Here is what I see in this logo, and why I think it works. There are multiple things I see in the shape. In one way, I see a butterfly or flower, something that is obviously visually beautiful. I also see a pair of glasses, though not in a way that is so overt that you want to groan (this works within the expected product mix quite well). The placement suggests forward and upward movement, obviously a good thing. It also maintains the shape of an eye, which ties the entire thing together.

I can even see using the colored version as the consumer version and the 2-color version as the software version of the logo. Because the consumer version is both for men and women, I could see that functioning very well in that space.

Do we think this works??

Thanks again for your help,

Albert

eyenovate5.gif

eyenovate5b.gif

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

Thank you both of you.

I'm planning on using both versions actually. There are two divisions, a consumer products division and a software & service division. So, the main company logo will be the 4-color, as will the consumer products one (with a tagline underneath indicating that). The software & service side will use the 2-color.

Thoughts?

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

Hey Gordie:

I might have to go against you on this one.

I played with it, and I don't think that the logo looks better with the two joined. While it works in a b&w configuration, I wouldn't really want to go with it in print. I think the distinct colorizing of each piece creates enough of a separation where there's some mystery induced into the actual mark. It allows it to be a "see what you want to see" thing in the logo. I've had responses split between glasses, butterfly, leaves, etc. I think joining takes away a little bit of that mystery.

-Albert

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

Albert -

here's a better idea of my suggestion, and one more for you to consider. In trying out the gradient as I mentioned, I reduced the tracking on the type and made the whole wordmark a little tighter. I also got rid of the second color, opting for the darker green (which I played with, because I like the two-tone greens, it just didn't work in this situation). I also made the 'eye' gotham medium instead of book and made it the same color as the rest of the text. This, IMHO, makes the eyenovate name a bit more subtle visually, while still being noticeable. Anyway, this is just my suggestion, take it or leave it.

Picture1-19.png

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived