Taking it back to the U-N-I-VER-SI-TIES...

tBBP

Thanks to all who've responded thus far.

This is one of about seven or eight I've had cookin' in my concept kitchen for a while now. Can't say how many more of those I'll release in the near-future, but there WILL be more out of this series...you can bet your chips on that one.

Not to be over critcal, but i hope the other six or seven you've had in your kitchen consist of more than a solid color shirt with a miniscule line of piping

...Says the guy with, as of this posting, 57 posts, none having to do with football, and one Colorado Avalanche concept post to his credit.

How 'bout YOU show ME how YOU want my next football concept done...so that it meets YOUR level of approval. <_<

Look...I'm not one to fan flames, especially on a forum board, but I'm a BIG believer in production as well as the concept of "show and prove"...and I believe my track record speaks for itself. And I'm only taking it here now because this is not the first time you've left comments such as the ones you've left in this concept in one of my topics. So here's the challenge: come up with something that YOU believe is properly befitting of a "creative" football concept--something more than "just a solid-color shirt with a miniscule line of piping", post it, and then allow the court of CCSLC public opinion try you on the basis of uniqueness and creativity--and then we ALL can see just what level you are on, design-wise.

*EXTENDS ARM AND OUTSTRETCHED HAND, CUES VOICE OF HOWIE MANDEL* So, Mr. 3wide.com...deal, or NO deal?

The template itself looks great as it should, but it needs to, because the design itself has nothing to it. And obviously you aren't that good at clicking someones profile to see the threads they've made because I have posted more than one, and received plenty of comments about them.

I don't know your track record, I'm simply making a comment based on this design, again the template is fine but you make it once and re-use it for all of them, so what you are asking for comments on is not the presentation of it, but, the only thing that is different from your other posts, the concept design. I just don't find it to be very appealing, since it is just a standard ringer T design with one additional very thin strip of piping, hence, why I was simply hoping that the other concepts you have cooking up are a little more involved than this one, design wise, presentation excluded.

And by the way, I have made a few posts about football in the past, most of which along a similar topic to this. Too much hoopla surrounding minimal actual design

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

Thanks to all who've responded thus far.

This is one of about seven or eight I've had cookin' in my concept kitchen for a while now. Can't say how many more of those I'll release in the near-future, but there WILL be more out of this series...you can bet your chips on that one.

Not to be over critcal, but i hope the other six or seven you've had in your kitchen consist of more than a solid color shirt with a miniscule line of piping

...Says the guy with, as of this posting, 57 posts, none having to do with football, and one Colorado Avalanche concept post to his credit.

How 'bout YOU show ME how YOU want my next football concept done...so that it meets YOUR level of approval. <_<

Look...I'm not one to fan flames, especially on a forum board, but I'm a BIG believer in production as well as the concept of "show and prove"...and I believe my track record speaks for itself. And I'm only taking it here now because this is not the first time you've left comments such as the ones you've left in this concept in one of my topics. So here's the challenge: come up with something that YOU believe is properly befitting of a "creative" football concept--something more than "just a solid-color shirt with a miniscule line of piping", post it, and then allow the court of CCSLC public opinion try you on the basis of uniqueness and creativity--and then we ALL can see just what level you are on, design-wise.

*EXTENDS ARM AND OUTSTRETCHED HAND, CUES VOICE OF HOWIE MANDEL* So, Mr. 3wide.com...deal, or NO deal?

The template itself looks great as it should, but it needs to, because the design itself has nothing to it. And obviously you aren't that good at clicking someones profile to see the threads they've made because I have posted more than one, and received plenty of comments about them.

I don't know your track record, I'm simply making a comment based on this design, again the template is fine but you make it once and re-use it for all of them, so what you are asking for comments on is not the presentation of it, but, the only thing that is different from your other posts, the concept design. I just don't find it to be very appealing, since it is just a standard ringer T design with one additional very thin strip of piping, hence, why I was simply hoping that the other concepts you have cooking up are a little more involved than this one, design wise, presentation excluded.

And by the way, I have made a few posts about football in the past, most of which along a similar topic to this. Too much hoopla surrounding minimal actual design

I agree with the basic idea that the concepts bucco has done with this template get alot more love than they may deserve just based on the presentation. Now im not saying its a bad thing, just it seems to make for a "wrapping paper thats cooler than the gift" situation. While i cant say that any of your concepts on this temp are really BAD, i canot say that any of them are product of a genius.just a solid concept. Looks good on paper.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I've said it before and I'll say it again, theres very little that excites me about a 'concept' that consists of an all white shirt with different colored trim. It looks like quality work, sure, but to me its nothing more than a pretty picture, the uniforms themselves look like a standard issue football template (ie: a basically plain shirt with striped pants) with the appropriate colors filled in.

So then, what exactly is it that excites you? I'm actually really interested in seeing something that involves, in your opinion, an acceptable amount of "actual design" to be considered a creative piece of athletic fashion. I'll give you my opinion. I think this Florida Gators set is over designed, the biggest downfall in athletic design right now. I find there to be too many competing elements on the uniform and as a result, the uniform is overdoing its purpose, which is, with the use a number, a color scheme and possibly an additional design element, to identify individual players and identify the team to which those players belong. I would have put even less on it. You've told us you don't like commenting on simple uniforms, whether well-designed or not, so you really don't need to continue posting on the subject if you're not adding anything to the critiques.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Gotta echo everyone else. Love the concept. As a general rule I dislike white monochrome jerseys with a non-white helmet, but your inclusion of matching socks balances it out to make it look absolutely fantastic. There is not a bad combination in the entire set. The "F" is light-years better than the "Gators" script. (In my opinion, scripts don't work on helmets.) The only thing that I'm not totally digging is the helmet stripe. I don't think nixing it is the way to go, but I think that either making the blue trim a little more pronounced or perhaps inverting the colors so that it's white-blue-white.

Once again, fantastic work.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, theres very little that excites me about a 'concept' that consists of an all white shirt with different colored trim. It looks like quality work, sure, but to me its nothing more than a pretty picture, the uniforms themselves look like a standard issue football template (ie: a basically plain shirt with striped pants) with the appropriate colors filled in.

So then, what exactly is it that excites you? I'm actually really interested in seeing something that involves, in your opinion, an acceptable amount of "actual design" to be considered a creative piece of athletic fashion. I'll give you my opinion. I think this Florida Gators set is over designed, the biggest downfall in athletic design right now. I find there to be too many competing elements on the uniform and as a result, the uniform is overdoing its purpose, which is, with the use a number, a color scheme and possibly an additional design element, to identify individual players and identify the team to which those players belong. I would have put even less on it. You've told us you don't like commenting on simple uniforms, whether well-designed or not, so you really don't need to continue posting on the subject if you're not adding anything to the critiques.

And THOSE are the types of critiques that can be respected. Well-articulated, clear and concise. And it's not even negative. No critique is, to be honest. Not everyone will like everything, and what some will like, or find acceptable, some will not like, or find otherwise not suitable to their tastes. And here, Mr. Harrington even offered a suggestion in addition to explaining his viewpoint.

'Preciate it, folk. See the difference here, Mr. 3wide.com, between your "critique" and this one from Tempest? This is a perfect example of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

That said...thanks to all who have offered up their opinions...and that does include EVERYONE.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And THOSE are the types of critiques that can be respected. Well-articulated, clear and concise. And it's not even negative. No critique is, to be honest. Not everyone will like everything, and what some will like, or find acceptable, some will not like, or find otherwise not suitable to their tastes. And here, Mr. Harrington even offered a suggestion in addition to explaining his viewpoint.

'Preciate it, folk. See the difference here, Mr. 3wide.com, between your "critique" and this one from Tempest? This is a perfect example of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

That said...thanks to all who have offered up their opinions...and that does include EVERYONE.

lol I think your going out of your way to criticize somebody personally because you don't think they criticized you the right way. He had one point that i agreed with, that the template you used i more for looks, and really any basic design looks good on it and everyone says its great because of that. So out of that i got 2 main things...1) Obviously the template itself looks great, just not as a template :D and 2)The concept itself might be decent, but the feedback you get is prolly a little inaccurate. :wacko:

So i think your whole "So Mr.3wide.com" attack(maybe not the best word, but you get the idea) is a lil excessive and unnecessary. The feeling i get from this is that you just dont like his feedback, and are too used the all the "AWESOME"s and "PERFECT"s

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived