rtrich11

Redskins Helmet Concept

This has a little bit of everything. Perhaps not a real choice for an update (which they need), but is interesting, though.

Enjoy.

RedskinsSpearForWeb.jpg

It's a nice idea, but the skins never really looked right with yellow helmets, even in the Lombardi era

i absolutley love the logo style. Might work best on the maroon helmet, but this way it has the same feel as the current logo, without being too similar to what FSU currently uses, and is out with the Anti-PC Indian head logo. Obviously the "Redskins" nickname would prolly go with it.

Just plain great. But I'd make the top part of the arrowhead white.

The logo looks excellent. I agree with nyy3351 that it doesn't resemble FSU's logos and is pretty PC.

The only thing is that I would like a maroon helmet, but this still looks really good.

As a Redskin fan, I say no. It's not red, and yes, it resembles the FSU logo entirely too much. Though as much as I would like to see the current logo updated...

I love the logo! Im not sure about a yellow helmet, but that logo is tight. For all you all saying it looks too much like FSU, i sort of agree. But take a guess what the Redskins wore on thier helmets awhile back, before Lombardi or Gibbs? It was an arrow. So its more Redskins to me than Seminole. Once again, awesome logo!

As a Redskin fan, I say no. It's not red, and yes, it resembles the FSU logo entirely too much. Though as much as I would like to see the current logo updated...

Perhaps, but it does limit the possibility of being sued by an indian tribe, which is always good.

Thanks for the input, guys. Like I mentioned, that wasn't my first choice for an update. I was just playing with something with yellow. I've got other Redskins logos I've monkeyed with, but this one is just kinda fun. Here it is on burgundy. I hesitate to try gold, just because that would reallly look Florida State.

RedskinsSpearForWeb2.jpg

Very nice design, Tom. If the helmet is yellow or red, it still looks very nice. :)

Me likey, me likey.

If they wore this, it would be a major improvement.

I like this. It looks like a helmet logo should. I'd like to see it in the 75th anniversary colors (deeper maroon and old gold) with a grey facemask.(hint hint) maybe try feathers on the circle and none on the spear?

Nice job. Too bad you didn't do a Fins helmet concept to go with it for this Sunday's game. I honestly want to see somebody summon the cojones to do an original Fins concept that's also plausible (the wild helmet was cool, but it wouldn't ever get onto any football helmet.)

Thanks for the input, guys. Like I mentioned, that wasn't my first choice for an update. I was just playing with something with yellow. I've got other Redskins logos I've monkeyed with, but this one is just kinda fun. Here it is on burgundy. I hesitate to try gold, just because that would reallly look Florida State.

RedskinsSpearForWeb2.jpg

Now THIS is the direction the 'skins should go in. Dare I say you have something timeless here...

RedskinsSpearForWeb2.jpg

Looks a lot better, but I'd hang the feathers down from the back of the circle, rather than from the spear, as that would tie in better to what they've been doing for 20some years now.

Now that I see the helmet in some kind of context, it looks even more beautiful. I'd even be willing to forgive the breakeage of the "only Green Bay may use yellow shells" rule.