Can-Am Association Conundrum

Brian in Boston

The 2007 Can-Am Association Championship Series will pit the North Shore Spirit against the Nashua Pride. The owner of the North Shore Spirit has already announced that he is folding his team at the conclusion of this season. The owner of the Nashua Pride has announced that he is openly considering relocating his team to another city, suspending team operations for a season or folding his franchise altogether.

How odd would it be if both of the teams competing in the 2007 Can-Am Association Championship Series cease to exist prior to the start of the league's 2008 season? Ahhhh... the "stranger than fiction" world of independent minor-league sports.

Hey, maybe one of those teams can move to Ottawa now that the Lynx are gone :)

It's been rumored that the Nashua Pride could be headed to Ottawa. Can-Am Association Commissioner Miles Wolf is bullish on placing a team in the market. Whether the Pride's current owner would maintain control of the team or sell to a local owner in such a scenario is open to speculation. For what it's worth, earlier this week the Pride's owner maintained that he had not had any discussions with Ottawa-based officials.

For what it's worth, earlier this week the Pride's owner maintained that he had not had any discussions with Ottawa-based officials.

He may be saying that only because the Lynx haven't officially announced they weren't coming back in 2008

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

For what it's worth, earlier this week the Pride's owner maintained that he had not had any discussions with Ottawa-based officials.

He may be saying that only because the Lynx haven't officially announced they weren't coming back in 2008

Which is strange because that would infer that another team would be moving there to become the Lynx then... the Phillies already said that they were moving the Lynx to Lehigh Valley next year.

philly.png

No more Spirit? Awww man...

ehh the Tornadoes will still be here

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Which is strange because that would infer that another team would be moving there to become the Lynx then... the Phillies already said that they were moving the Lynx to Lehigh Valley next year.

I agree, it is strange... but take a look around the website, absolutely no mention of it, I was at the 2nd to last game at Lynx Stadium and there certainly was no indication that this team was about to move.

See? :)

n583265050_1160331_6375.jpg

It's silly, but according to the Lynx they aren't officially moving, apparently they think their fans aren't wise enough to notice that the 2008 IL schedule says Leigh Valley on it.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Congratulations to the Nashua Pride for their triumph in the 2007 Can-Am association Championship Series!

Nashua defeated the North Shore Spirit 3 games to none in the best-of-5 series.

Here's hoping that the victory inspires folks in Southern New Hampshire to help secure the Pride's future in Nashua. The team's owner has unveiled plans to sell shares in the franchise - totalling a 50% ownership stake in the team - to local businesses and individuals.

Congratulations to the Nashua Pride for their triumph in the 2007 Can-Am association Championship Series!

Nashua defeated the North Shore Spirit 3 games to none in the best-of-5 series.

Here's hoping that the victory inspires folks in Southern New Hampshire to help secure the Pride's future in Nashua. The team's owner has unveiled plans to sell shares in the franchise - totalling a 50% ownership stake in the team - to local businesses and individuals.

I was at the game in Fraser Field, Rich Garces (El Guapo) pitched the 9th and it felt like the Spirit could at least pull one out in the end but alas it wasn't so. It's a shame the Spirit are going away they did so much to the stadium which needed some good TLC since the Massachusetts Mad Dogs did absolutely nothing for the stadium. For those that don't know it was built during the 30s/40s as part of the WPA from Roosevelt and Nick Lopardo poured so much into it yet got like no response from the city of Lynn. absolute shame. what really sucks for me is that I was in the Air Force for pretty much their entire existance so I could never go to a game. First season I'm home for good and the team up and leaves after the season. :cursing: Absolutely sucks. stupid Lynn.

Archived