AFL bought NFLE righs

StefOn

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere alredy...

The AFL has recently bought the rights of the NFLE. That means that from an NFL standpoint the league officially is gone for good and that we might see arena ball in Europe in 09.

The source by the way is european media.

Interesting. There had been rumblings about this for a while. Does anyone know if this gives the AFL the rights to the NFLE's team identities? Oh, for a resurrection of the Barcelona Dragons...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Arena Football League's football Does anybody see it before old and new

Arena football league 2 's football too

Did that post have any point whatsoever?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Why the hell would the AFL buy the rights to NFLE? Makes no real sense to me.

I just spoke to my brother-in-law in Munich about this subject.

Apparently, the Arena Football League has secured permission from the National Football League to use the names and logos of the defunct NFL Europa teams. Their plan is to use NFL Europa's established, familiar identity packages as part of efforts to launch an Arena Football League European division.

Is there a source for this? I haven't read a word about it anywhere other than here.

My brother-in-law said that several German newspapers - primarily, those located in the cities that were once home to NFL Europa teams - have run stories reporting that the Berlin Thunder, Cologne Centurions, Frankfurt Galaxy, Hamburg Sea Devils and Rhein Fire could be returning to action, albeit playing their games in indoor arenas. According to said stories, the reaction of former NFL Europa fans is reported to be enthusiastic.

Apparently, the Arena Football League has secured permission from the National Football League to use the names and logos of the defunct NFL Europa teams. Their plan is to use NFL Europa's established, familiar identity packages as part of efforts to launch an Arena Football League European division.

Is there a source for this? I haven't read a word about it anywhere other than here.

My brother-in-law said that several German newspapers - primarily, those located in the cities that were once home to NFL Europa teams - have run stories reporting that the Berlin Thunder, Cologne Centurions, Frankfurt Galaxy, Hamburg Sea Devils and Rhein Fire could be returning to action, albeit playing their games in indoor arenas. According to said stories, the reaction of former NFL Europa fans is reported to be enthusiastic.

Funny that there's no mention of this on the AFL/NFL media sites, unless I completely missed it (which definitely could have occurred)

nav-logo.png

Branch out to a new market using established brands

Do I get win anything?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Well, an article in this week's on-line edition of Sports Business Journal reports that the Arena Football League is set to sign David Baker to a six-year extension as commissioner, with international expansion a key component of the league's growth plan over the next three to five years.

Amongst the info revealed in the article:

* "Much of the contract discussions between the commissioner and the league centered on the AFL's new business plan, with the international component pushed by Baker."

* "Baker said the league has had preliminary discussions with what he characterized as some 'high profile' partners, but he refused to disclose any potential investors."

* "An industry source said league TV partner ESPN, which also holds an equity stake in the AFL, has been involved in preliminary talks about a possible ownership stake in the international growth."

* " 'The strategy is to be [overseas] within the next three to five years,' Baker said."

* "London and Berlin are two potential expansion sites... AEG will have new arenas in both cities, but Baker would not comment on any relationship between the league and AEG."

* " 'We'd also like to get into Mexico,' he said. 'We are in a good position where within the next five years we will definitely have more than one team on international soil.' "

It will very interesting to see where all of this goes. On the one hand, Baker is the person who is really pushing the international expansion idea, a concept that the AFL's owners have yet to officially approve. On the other hand, Baker was apparently very up-front about his desire to pursue international AFL expansion during contract extension negotiations and the owners brought him back... seemingly indicating that they're on-board with the effort.

http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/index...uestTimeout=900

Archived