Chad Johnson wearing black chinstrap in pre-game

Bucky

I'm a fan of Chad Johnson, he's someone kids can look up to and say hey he's a funny guy and not a prick like say you know, another WR that plays for the Cowboys that tried to kill himself then said he didn't and alienates everyone on the teams he's played on and is just an overall jerk...

Ha! He tried to kill himself! What a jerk...

..of all the reasons to hate TO (and there are many), the fact that he may have such deep-seated emotional issues that he attempted to kill himself is NOT one of them.

Him pulling these stunts knowing that he will be fined just shows that he is not in this for the money, but for the love of the game and to have fun.

Nonsense.

If he's not in it for the money, he should return his salary.

That he is willing to give up a tiny fraction of his salary in a desperate quest for attention shows us no such thing.

I hope nobody is seriously comparing Chad Johnson to T.O. They are both immense talents, but Johnson is a breath of fresh air, who is much more liked, admired and respected by his peers. His antics, although premeditated and pretentious can be quite funny and entertaining considering the current "boring-ization" of pro football. BTW, "boring-ization" is actually a word...go check Wikipedia :P

T.O. is over blown, ego tistical, and selfish. His track record says it all. He might be the better player when all is said and done, but he's not the better person in this case.

As a dyed-in-the-wool Steelers fan, I actually root for Chad Johnson. I really appreciate the guy in that he has a great deal of talent, but also has a pretty good ability to entertain the fans. Every one of his publicity stunts are done with the fans being "in on the joke," which I believe is why he's respected. Colorful personalities have always been a part of football, and Chad Johnson brings his own version to the game. He's good for the NFL.

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

I like the guy. He seems like a nice enough guy -- doesn't do anything too bad off of the field or really on it to justify people hating him, but he does get somewhat annoying. Some things he does are funny but overall? I don't know. He builds up his celebrations so damn much and they don't really live up to the hype. He can't hold a candle to T.O.'s good celebrations (Sharpie and Dallas Cowboys star), although referring to himself as Ocho-Cinco is kind of humorous. He's a good player but there's a number of guy's I'd take ahead of him, if given the choice, and he's no future Hall of Famer, that's for sure.

IUe6Hvh.png

Chad Johnson doesn't do anything that's detrimental to the team, like most of the other people who stand out for their personalities and/or off-field activities. If you hear about Chad Johnson doing something, it's more like a "What is that wacky character up to now???" It's all good fun. The NFL's too serious nowadays, if you can inject humor into the game, then more power to ya. And did anybody hear him mic'd up last night?

-Chris McCallister bumps Chad Johnson for the duration of the play. Play ends.-

Chad: Why you doing that to me? Why you gotta do that, Chris??? Why you gotta do that to me, baby???

-Chris goes back in a huff.-

Classic. I love Ocho Cinco. I also love the pseudo-rivalry he has with DeAngelo Hall (except when D-Hall's getting burnt because of it. :()

I'm a huge ocho cinco fan. Even if for no other reason than the the nfl's been on its self-righteous high horse for far too long...

I'm a fan of Chad Johnson, he's someone kids can look up to and say hey he's a funny guy and not a prick like say you know, another WR that plays for the Cowboys that tried to kill himself then said he didn't and alienates everyone on the teams he's played on and is just an overall jerk...

Ha! He tried to kill himself! What a jerk...

..of all the reasons to hate TO (and there are many), the fact that he may have such deep-seated emotional issues that he attempted to kill himself is NOT one of them.

as much as I'd love to co-sign here, you don't think those same deep-seated emotional issues might have something to do with why he's alienated so many people?

Him pulling these stunts knowing that he will be fined just shows that he is not in this for the money, but for the love of the game and to have fun.

Nonsense.

If he's not in it for the money, he should return his salary.

That he is willing to give up a tiny fraction of his salary in a desperate quest for attention shows us no such thing.

we live in a capitalist country... no one who likes to eat would do their job for free, no matter how much they love it...

• 3 weeks later...

It would be funny to see him wearing a full on linebacker's facemask. Maybe something similar to what LT wore back in the day. When I say 'LT' I'm speaking of course of the one and only 'LT', Lawrence Taylor (in case anyone was mistaken).

Anyone know why Chad Johnson seems to change facemasks/helmets every week? So far this year he's already worn all three of these:

bengals.jpg12349097.jpg

Am I the only one that noticed the difference between stripes on those two shoulders?

On the left the "85" is overlapping some stripes, and on the right, it's not.

??

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived