49ers wearing Throwbacks Tonight

sharplcd

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find the current set far superior. The throwbacks look extremely dated. I'm having to remind myself that this is a live game and not a NFL Films special.

Just look at the scorebard, the closest Arizona got to the 49ers when they wore those unis was pre-game warm up.

Everything after that was Montana to Rice or Young to Rice and it was never 13-17.

I find the current set far superior. The throwbacks look extremely dated. I'm having to remind myself that this is a live game and not a NFL Films special.

The only one so far who is correct. The current set is much better, the black accent makes the gold and red stand out so much more. Tonight's (aka old set) looks as if they are wearing khakis.

I thought they said on the broadcast that they would be wearing these all year?

Uniwatchblog says they will be wearing it only for this occasion. But I believe they are wearing only twice this year.

Regarding this uniform - I prefer this one to the current one... I think the current togs are nothing but bad luck...

(Superstitious)...

Anyway what is wrong with being dated. A lot of teams have 'dated' looks.... Ask the Raiders, Bears, Packers,

Chiefs, Giants, Jets, Colts... They certainly look much better than the over-designed modern togs of the Seahawks, Bills, Falcons, etc.... The old-schoolers definitely look like 'football' teams.

I thought they said on the broadcast that they would be wearing these all year?

Regarding this uniform - I prefer this one to the current one... I think the current togs are nothing but bad luck...

(Superstitious)...

Of course, if they switch back to the old uniforms, wouldn't they become tainted too? At least right now, they can say that the old uniforms more or less went out on top.

well, the last time these were official was the 93/94 season in which the cowboys won the superbowl and the niners lost in the nfc champ i believe, the next year they wore throwbacks of sort that were with white pants and introduced the black drop shadow in which they beat the chargers in the superbowl. the following year was the first year of the modern sans the gold pants being replaced with white...

I too heard that the niners would be wearing these all season as well on the telecast, so infact maybe the uniwatch blog is incorrect.

Archived