The Patriots are cheaters!

buzzcut

I'm confused by the logistics of the alleged cheating because of several reasons;

2. It's the Jets for crying out loud! If you are going to try some cheating tactics I would think it would have been done against a team like the Colts or the Chargers, not a team the Patriots could whip in their sleep. This is like the Globetrotters listening in on the Washington Generals- well maybe not quite that extreme, but really what's the point?

They were practicing for the Chargers game this weekend.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Pats are a bunch of cheaters from the tuck play to tugging on the Colts jerseys in 2003. They cant do anything honestly and compared to other dynasties they are the luckies team ever. They truthfully are not as good as the Bills teams that lost 4 Super Bowls

Hm....a little bitter as an anti-Boston fan, aren't we?

Doesn't matter you think the Patriots aren't as "good" as the four-time Super Bowl loser Bills.

3 > 0

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Okay, they've moved past the "getting" stage. Boston-area sports fans have officially become unbearable.

Really? Why?

Because we defend our teams against unsubstantiated rants from sour-grapes fans in other cities?

For most of the same reasons that Bill Simmons went from highly entertaining to barely readable.

Your statement is incorrect.

Bill Simmons never was entertaining.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

People rant and bitch about Simmons.

Simmons was the "Boston Sports Guy". ESPN hired him to be their Page 2 columnist. He has never hidden his allegiance to Boston and New England.

If you don't like him, don't read his articles.

Here's another quote from ESPN's John Clayton...

What will be the longterm effect on Belichick and the Patriots?

Although this is embarrassing, you can't take away what this franchise can do. They may have the best team in football. Robert Kraft is one of the league's best owners. The team has three Super Bowl rings and a great chance to get a fourth. Other great organizations have paid penalties for violating league rules. The Broncos lost a draft choice for violating the salary cap with John Elway. The Steelers once had to forfeit a third-round draft choice for working out in shoulder pads in the offseason. The Patriots may lose a draft choice or two. And whether or not the Patriots videotaped the Jets' defensive signals, Belichick won't be any less of a coach.

So there.

Okay, they've moved past the "getting" stage. Boston-area sports fans have officially become unbearable.

Really? Why?

Because we defend our teams against unsubstantiated rants from sour-grapes fans in other cities?

Because the two times the Mariners played the Red Sox in Seattle this summer, downtown Seattle was flooded with dorks wearing strategically faded "vintage" Sox hats and green jersey t-shirts, while their fat girlfriends suck down Starbucks milk shakes, spilling whipped cream on their pink "Schilling" t-shirts. And everyone looks so smug, too. Say what you will about Yankees fans, but when the Yanks came to town, the road fans didn't make themselves so obvious.

Act like you've been there before, is all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Simmons was the "Boston Sports Guy". ESPN hired him to be their Page 2 columnist. He has never hidden his allegiance to Boston and New England.

Unfortunately, he's probably the best columnist ESPN.com has...which says a lot right there. (Maybe TMQ, and maybe Pat Forde, but that's about it.)

-----------------------------------

Here's something the more vindictive part of me would like to run by Goodell. (Bear in mind the Patriots have reportedly been repeatedly warned about this in the past.) Ban them from the playoffs for a year. It's happened in other leagues. It's happened in the NCAA. It would send a VERY strong message to the rest of the NFL about this sort of thing, much more than a fine or loss of a couple of draft picks.

It's not like baseball, which apparently needs Boston and New York to be in the playoffs every year to get people to watch; folks will watch the Super Bowl and playoffs regardless of who's in it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Unfortunately, he's probably the best columnist ESPN.com has...which says a lot right there. (Maybe TMQ, and maybe Pat Forde, but that's about it.)

Here's something the more vindictive part of me would like to run by Goodell. (Bear in mind the Patriots have reportedly been repeatedly warned about this in the past.) Ban them from the playoffs for a year. It's happened in other leagues. It's happened in the NCAA. It would send a VERY strong message to the rest of the NFL about this sort of thing, much more than a fine or loss of a couple of draft picks.

It's not like baseball, which apparently needs Boston and New York to be in the playoffs every year to get people to watch; folks will watch the Super Bowl and playoffs regardless of who's in it.

So the Patriots go 16-0 in the regular season and don't make the playoffs because some guy pulled out a video camera and filmed the Jets play calls...

Nah.

Next idea for a penalty befitting this crime?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

So the Patriots go 16-0 in the regular season and don't make the playoffs because some guy pulled out a video camera and filmed the Jets play calls...

Nah.

Nothing else would be a deterrent. Lose a draft pick? Shoot-if that's all that happens, I'm insisting the Rams start doing this. It's not like they put them to good use anyway, and the NFL will probably only catch them one out of ten times. Might as well get some intel out of the bargain.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Nah.

Nothing else would be a deterrent. Lose a draft pick? Shoot-if that's all that happens, I'm insisting the Rams start doing this. It's not like they put them to good use anyway, and the NFL will probably only catch them one out of ten times. Might as well get some intel out of the bargain.

They could fine them a percentage of the cap.

So in effect they lose a player that way.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Although Goodell has been handing out severe punishments left and right, I just can't see him disqualifying the Patriots from post season play. That would never fly.

It flies elsewhere, why not here?

Today, we are all otaku.

I think they should have to forfeit this win. Thats the just punishment.

If they do it again, then they forfeit that game too and Belichick gets a 4 game Suspension.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived