The Patriots are cheaters!

buzzcut

I think they should have to forfeit this win. Thats the just punishment.

If they do it again, then they forfeit that game too and Belichick gets a 4 game Suspension.

How surprising that Tank would come up with a stiff penalty against a Boston team. Try not to be a jealous homer for five seconds, okay? The punishment will most likely be some sort of draft pick elimination, and even possibly a one-game suspension of Belichick.

Look, I'm not defending the Patriots in this instance. If they did what they're accused of doing, they should be justly punished for it. However, don't be so naive as to think the Pats are the only team in the league doing this. They only got busted because Mangini is so familiar with the system that he knew what was going on. There's a code of silence among teams in the league concerning issues like these, and the Jets ratted one of their peers out to the bosses. The Pats didn't cheat their way to three world championships. They just tried to get a competitive advantage like every other team does (recall the Miami Dolphins stealing Brady's snap counts last year).

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they do it again, then they forfeit that game too and Belichick gets a 4 game Suspension.

How surprising that Tank would come up with a stiff penalty against a Boston team. Try not to be a jealous homer for five seconds, okay? The punishment will most likely be some sort of draft pick elimination, and even possibly a one-game suspension of Belichick.

So.... Tank is really from Miami? :blink:

I saw, I came, I left.

So.... Tank is really from Miami? :blink:

lol, no, I just figured it tied into the whole New York-Boston thing.

Suspending Belichick and/or taking away draft picks are the only reasonable punishments. Barring them from the playoffs would turn into a fiasco. Taking away the win wouldn't be fair because the Jets didn't earn a win.

I think taking away their draft picks can be a good punishment, as long as Goodell targets their top picks. Losing a 4th, 5th or 6th rounder (or even all 3) is nothing. If I'm not mistaken, the Patriots have 2 first round picks next year. Goodell should take them both. That's pretty stiff.

this whole cheating scandal will die off and all that will be remembered is Tom Brady being in the HOF, and the patriots being regarded as one of the great dynasties in the same light as Dallas, Pittsburgh, Green Bay and San Francisco.
Just like how people put Macqwire(sp), Sosa, Bonds, up there with Mantle, Ruth, Aaron. No one remembers the cheating.

I have no problem with the NFL taking draft picks from the Pats, but I also want a fine. $1,000,000 against this year's cap would do the trick.

And in the interest of full disclosure, I am a Patriots fan. And I'm ashamed to be one right now. You can't defend the indefensible.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Latest news...Belichick claiming that the camera did not have a live feed at all -- it was taping for further research for future meetings. Whether that proves to be true, I don't know. I just wish people would stop equating this issue with the McGwire/Bonds/Sosa examples. If Belichick is telling the truth, then you guys have nothing to complain about. It's watching tape. We'll see where it goes.

Latest news...Belichick claiming that the camera did not have a live feed at all -- it was taping for further research for future meetings. Whether that proves to be true, I don't know. I just wish people would stop equating this issue with the McGwire/Bonds/Sosa examples. If Belichick is telling the truth, then you guys have nothing to complain about. It's watching tape. We'll see where it goes.

I thought that was the general idea behind the cheating/stealing of signs. :evil:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I thought that was the general idea behind the cheating/stealing of signs. :evil:

The Jets would've changed their audibles and signs by the next game, let alone the next meeting with the Patriots. The Pats were simply looking for patterns so they could best estimate the Jets' strategy.

The Pats didnt have to cheat in SB XXXVI, Mike Martz game plan was all they needed.

Tags and the refs helped. I've sort of come to terms with the fact that expedience demanded a Patriots victory. I'm not going to think any differently about the Patriots though.

Kind of like how I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots lose their first playoff game this season when all is said and done....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If Goodell suspended Cowboys qb coach Wade Wilson 5 games for performance enhancing drugs; doing something that in no way would help the Cowboys, he has to give Belicheck a much harsher (is that a word?) punishment to Belicheck and/or the Patriots. Outright cheating is much worse than a coach on HGH.

The Pats didn't win SB XXXVI because of cameraman cheating, that's for sure.

The Rams stunk.

But the refs were flat out pitiful and one sided.

I quickly jumped to a conspiracy theory after it happened.

Now, I don't pull that out, but I haven't completely let that idea slip away from the back of my mind.

But whether intentional or not, if the refs had called the game evenly, the Rams would have won the game. Hell, you could change one call and the Rams when that game. (Like say the obvious but not even mentioned intentional grounding on Brady on the final drive.)

Anyways, I'd like to see Bellicheck get a game or two suspension and the Patriots striped of 2 of their first 3 draft picks next year. I think that'd be fair.

Any evidence that they were stealing signs from the Eagles in Super Bowl 39? Philadelphia will take a title on a technicality!
Super Bowl XXXVI*

Thats all I have to say.

Only adding the quote of myself to put everything together, and call for a Panther fan to come out and be upset about THEIR Super Bowl loss to the hands of the Patriots.

Anyone?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived