Skins to wear throwbacks in Week 3

Blue Falcon

redskins7071yv0.gif

That's the helmet.

It's used as a "home jersey" in Madden 08 though. Stupid EA.

Maybe they should've made that the "alternate away jersey" in Madden 08, sacrificing the all white combo in the process.

Considering that White on White is a popular combo, I think EA wanted to keep it in. They seriously dicked the dog here, though.

All the current throwbacks for this year are in place of some other jersey. Eagles are in place of monochrome, Jets are in place of monochrome, etc.

bSLCtu2.png

We get it. You don't like them.

Can we all please stop insulting our fellow posters now?

nobody is insulting anybody. can't you read.

Proves my point, thank you.

None of this need be personal. It ought not be.

I know where this was coming from...I was part of that debate. And he is indeed insulting ME...

I am just as big a 49er fan and Giants fan as him... He doesn't have a monopoly or say for everyone else just because he's been here longer....

In fact he doesn't have a say for every 49er fan as well...

I had all the facts lined up - and he had none for his claims...end of story. To put it mildly-all his comments have really nothing to stand on

equating number of points scored with the jersey being worn...yeah right (see game 2).

Those Redskins jerseys are very nice but so are the current one... The old ones remind me a lot of the Over The Hill Gang from '72 and even

when Vince Lombardi was coaching them. They are wearing their home whites to keep up with that superstition like the Cowboys (no dark

tops at home).

redskins7071yv0.gif

That's the helmet.

Maybe they should've made that the "alternate away jersey" in Madden 08, sacrificing the all white combo in the process.

Considering that White on White is a popular combo, I think EA wanted to keep it in. They seriously dicked the dog here, though.

All the current throwbacks for this year are in place of some other jersey. Eagles are in place of monochrome, Jets are in place of monochrome, etc.

So why did they remove the 70th anniversary Redskin throwbacks?

YOZXkBG.png?1

I like the Lombardi-era throwbacks, but they would look better with the dark tops. Of course, I realize Joe Gibbs is almost allergic to anything other than a white jersey at home.

There is no known cure for this condition.

A new coach and a new owner would take care of it. :P

The Redskins are a team in DESPERATE need of a uniform update. Deep Maroon should be brought back as the primary color, with mustard gold and white.

Enough with the burgandy and yellow. That doesn't look good on anyone.

I like the Lombardi-era throwbacks, but they would look better with the dark tops. Of course, I realize Joe Gibbs is almost allergic to anything other than a white jersey at home.

The Redskins are a team in DESPERATE need of a uniform update. Deep Maroon should be brought back as the primary color, with mustard gold and white.

That deep maroon you refer to is the true burgundy. What the redskins wear now is almost like a light garnet. It's too red. not the right color scheme.

However, besides that one little hiccup, the redskins have one of the best uniforms in football. Just fix the burgundy to it's true color.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

That deep maroon you refer to is the true burgundy. What the redskins wear now is almost like a light garnet. It's too red. not the right color scheme.

However, besides that one little hiccup, the redskins have one of the best uniforms in football. Just fix the burgundy to it's true color.

The Redskins used to have a darker shade of burgundy up through 1968, it was closer to maroon like the Hokies wear. The gold used to be a mustard gold like the Saints had in the 60s, too...their 2002 throwbacks were accurate in terms of color, and looked great.

Lombardi came in 1969 and lightened the burgundy on the helmets and jerseys, and the pants became yellow. He added sleeve stripes that year too...all of which looked like the Packers. The Radio Shack helmet was also designed by him but he died before the 1970 season began.

Current Skins uniform has been around unchanged since 1979, which is too long. They should bring back the 2002 throwbacks full time, or seriously consider an update.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Joe Gibbs suffers from a rare condition known as Blandboringuniformitis. The first indication of this disorder was when he took over the Skins in 1981 and stated that he didn't like the burgundy jersey/white pants look...thereby forcing fans to watch the Skins wear the white jersey/burgundy pants combo for 13-15 games out of 16 every season. Football fans everywhere were enraged at not being able to tell whether the Skins were playing at home or not on TV, and accused him of trying to copy the Cowboys. But he won a few Super Bowls so people shut up.

More evidence that Gibbs suffers from this condition:

But if you think that was the only fashion news today at the park, you're wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong. The throwback uniforms that will be used against the Giants this week were out, with blazing yellow helmets hanging from each locker. And thanks to my comrades in the television industry, who have a knack for this sort of thing, the one-liners were flowing.

"Well, canary yellow's always been my color, so I for one am thrilled to be wearing the canary yellow," Pete Kendall said.

"I think I'm going to look good in yellow and white," center Casey Rabach added. "It'll definitely accentuate my physique, and make my hips look a little smaller."

I said I thought it would be tough to look good in that much yellow; "we'll make it work," Jason Campbell promised. "We'll make it work."

"If we look good, we play good," Rock Cartwright said. "But it doesn't matter how we look as long as we win the football game, that's the main thing. Guys like the burgundy uniforms, but coach likes what he likes. We're going to wear whatever he say we've got to wear, and that's how it is."

Linky

:cursing:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

redskins7071yv0.gif

That's the helmet.

So why did they remove the 70th anniversary Redskin throwbacks?

The throwbacks are great but it lost it's point after 2003, considering the 75th anniversary patch is on there. If it wasn't on there, then maybe it would still be in the game.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived