Chris, it's really time to eliminate the "comments" function

Gothamite

In their article on the new NFL logo, USA Today referenced the main site.

Right there at the bottom:

Takes readers right to the NHL logo page. Great exposure, right? It would be, except anyone clicking on the logos will also get these insightful and illuminating pearls of wisdom:

this is effin gay

Posted by dylan sims on July 23, 2007

this logo looks like baseball weired

Posted by poop on May 31, 2007

and

its a logo!

Posted by marc on June 30, 2007

there are 25 stars on the nfl flag because there are 25 states that are in the NFL

Posted by jireh vadez on March 24, 2007

The comments were a great idea, but there's no control. These high-profile comments range from inane to offensive.

This site is a great resource, and is diminished by garbage like this. Anybody else find this as annoying as I?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The comments were a great idea, but there's no control. These high-profile comments range from inane to offensive.

This site is a great resource, and is diminished by garbage like this. Anybody else find this as annoying as I?

Or the incessant Sens-Leafs fans banter? Or the overly repetitive release of nonsensical photoshopped "Leaks"?

Ummm, yeah.

patriotssignature.png

i]

there are 25 stars on the nfl flag because there are 25 states that are in the NFL

:lol: That's either really funny, really disturbing or really outdated....

Has anyone even validated or disproved this statement yet?

I know its a pretty odd statement, but I wonder if its even somewhat feasible?

I'm just saying, it could have some merit

:)

i]

I'm just saying, it could have some merit :)

No, it doesn't.

The NFL currently has 32 franchises based in 21 US states.

In 1940, when the first version of the NFL shield logo was introduced, the league was comprised of 10 franchises playing in 6 US states and the District of Columbia.

in 1980, when the NFL logo was last updated prior to the most recent changes, the league was comprised of 28 franchises playing in 17 US states and the District of Columbia.

i]

I'm just saying, it could have some merit :)

No. The NFL has 32 franchises based in 21 US states.

So much for that.

Y'know, I have a possible wacky explanantion....bare with me on this one. Maybe, just maybe the stars were put there just for asthetic purposes and have no actual symbolism. :blink:

Could it be? A logo where every damn element doesn't have some symbolic meaning. What a concept that would be. Hmmmmm.

"effen gay"

My least favorite flavor of vodka by far.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I had been approving these comments but I think somehow something found a way to get through the validation system (no way i'd approve "effen gay")... I will disable the feature as soon as I can

If you'd just tie the comments system into the boards so that you can ban their username... :)

I had been approving these comments but I think somehow something found a way to get through the validation system (no way i'd approve "effen gay")... I will disable the feature as soon as I can

If you'd just tie the comments system into the boards so that you can ban their username... :)

Probably something I could eventually figure out, unfortunately time and I aren't seeing much of each other these days.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived