Chris, it's really time to eliminate the "comments" function

Gothamite

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fixed

See, that's the problem with the board. If you don't think like the 30-posts-a-day regulars, then you're booted. That's not even "effin-gay," just disturbing...

I've got an idea. Why don't you make us all subscribe to post, $9.95 a month. Heck, Chris, think of the revenue!

fixed

See, that's the problem with the board. If you don't think like the 30-posts-a-day regulars, then you're booted. That's not even "effin-gay," just disturbing...

You're sulking because he removed a racial slur from a logo comment? :therock:

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

fixed

You're sulking because he removed a racial slur from a logo comment? :therock:

Not logo comments, but logo "facts."

This thread just went down a pretty dumb road.

What the hell are we arguing about? Isn't this pretty cut and dry? Don't get me wrong...I am one of the biggest proponents of free speech you'll ever meet, but using racial slurs in any manner doesn't validate that freedom.

Is this what we're arguing about?

...or am I missing an even more trivial point here?

Nope, I think you're right. That's where we are. For the record, I still think he forgot a "</sarcasm>" tag.

Chris, I don't want this thread to be construed in any way as a criticism of the job you're doing. Quite the contrary. I'm just sorry that some people didn't respect you enough to refrain from putting childish and offensive drivel on your site.

fixed

I've got an idea. Why don't you make us all subscribe to post, $9.95 a month. Heck, Chris, think of the revenue!

If you're not kidding then I hope that you realize that what you're saying (or what it sounds like you're saying) is that it's okay to say racial slurs. I don't post "30-posts-a-day" and yet I haven't yet gotten booted or suspended (and yes I've been involved in plenty of flame wars). It's just a little thing called tact.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

If you're not kidding then I hope that you realize that what you're saying(or what it sounds like you're saying) is that it's okay to say racial slurs.

Seems like you think some people can say them:

Also, when non-black people say the n-word and think it's okay because they said it with an '-a' at the end and not an '-er'. I'm black and it's not OK and, even though the reasoning really doesn't make much sense, it's our word.

Um, first of all. I have a 160 IQ, and that's not on a scale of 1-1,000. Call me dumb again and I'll beat you in chess.

Second, I wasn't making any sort of reference to racial slurs. I just went back and checked the thread, thrice (that's three times, for those of you without a 160 IQ) and saw no reference to a racial slur. Only a bunch of people complaining to answers that were uninformed by a bunch of people none of us would call for a life line.

And third, why shouldn't Chris charge? It'll thin out the pack so so one here has to deal with the uninformed.

Sorry to have raised such a ruckus. The only sarcasm in my reply has to do with my 160 IQ.

So why does someone with an IQ of 160 have nothing better to do than visit a sports logos message board and complain about the way things are run? I can't remember the last time you posted anything that wasn't a rant about something.

Yet another unfortunate case of malaise of the intellectual superior. Quelle domage.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Second, I wasn't making any sort of reference to racial slurs. I just went back and checked the thread, thrice (that's three times, for those of you without a 160 IQ) and saw no reference to a racial slur. Only a bunch of people complaining to answers that were uninformed by a bunch of people none of us would call for a life line.

You had better read post #22 again. Perhaps that fourth check would have helped.

An hour and a half before you called eliminating the comments "disturbing," and made a silly accusation against Chris enforcing some sort of doctrinal purity, it was revealed in this thread that one was a racial slur. The post right above yours, in fact:

The NFL 50 one said "expletivez from lincoln". Change Expletive to the n-word.

Guess that massive, massive IQ didn't exactly help your reading comprehention, eh? :P

Um, first of all. I have a 160 IQ, and that's not on a scale of 1-1,000. Call me dumb again and I'll beat you in chess.

And third, why shouldn't Chris charge? It'll thin out the pack so so one here has to deal with the uninformed.

Sorry to have raised such a ruckus. The only sarcasm in my reply has to do with my 160 IQ.

Why do I find this play on words insanely funny and wonderfully nerdy at the same time?

Dumb.

I'll play you in chess. Lets go.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Dumb.

No, I want to play Global Thermonuclear War.

It's where I sit.

Dumb.

Now, you remember what happened last time... however, if you could change my grades to that'd be awesome.

oBIgzrL.png

Dumb.

Now, you remember what happened last time... however, if you could change my grades to that'd be awesome.

You gave me a D?

Just kidding - I gave you an A.

Oh. Okay!

It's where I sit.

Ah, I see. It's Ok for YOU guys to use sarcasm, but I use it in an apology? And I get slammed.

I provided a legit suggestion. Make this think pay for play so losers like me don't come on and rant. This way you guys can have your little cyber circle jerk to yourself. And Chris doesn't have to keep relying on donors.

Instead you call me racist, then you don't understand sarcasm. [mod edit: removed]

Nuff said, Next thread...

Archived