Chris, it's really time to eliminate the "comments" function

Gothamite

Ah, Ally Sheedy. :wub:

My thoughts exactly.

"Shall we play a game?"

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to your first post...

fixed

See, that's the problem with the board. If you don't think like the 30-posts-a-day regulars, then you're booted. That's not even "effin-gay," just disturbing...

I've got an idea. Why don't you make us all subscribe to post, $9.95 a month. Heck, Chris, think of the revenue!

So what exactly is your complaint? The feature that was turned off is on the logo site and therefore not a part of this message board.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

If you're not kidding then I hope that you realize that what you're saying(or what it sounds like you're saying) is that it's okay to say racial slurs.

Seems like you think some people can say them:

Also, when non-black people say the n-word and think it's okay because they said it with an '-a' at the end and not an '-er'. I'm black and it's not OK and, even though the reasoning really doesn't make much sense, it's our word.

The word ending in "-er" is never, ever, ever acceptable. It is a hateful, unacceptable word. If anyone black or white uses it, then I hope that they get seriously maimed or injured.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

fixed

See, that's the problem with the board. If you don't think like the 30-posts-a-day regulars, then you're booted. That's not even "effin-gay," just disturbing...

I've got an idea. Why don't you make us all subscribe to post, $9.95 a month. Heck, Chris, think of the revenue!

So what exactly is your complaint? The feature that was turned off is on the logo site and therefore not a part of this message board.

He's complaining without even knowing what he's complaining about... and he seems very passionate about it too.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

fixed

He's complaining without even knowing what he's complaining about... and he seems very passionate about it too.

That's what makes it so amusing. Who seriously has that much of a problem with removing vulgar comments?

fixed

That's what makes it so amusing. Who seriously has that much of a problem with removing vulgar comments?

Better still, why does a guy who bears a glaring contempt for this board and those who frequent it/circle jerk over it devote so much of his obviously important time (I mean... my IQ is comfortably over 160, and I know how important my time is; I'm sure his time must be worth something) to arguing over things no one else is really arguing over, then getting pissed when people call him on it? A truly intelligent individual would not deign to stoop so low as to engage the rabble in debate, but rather *hinthinthint* take the high road and just walk away. We'll be a dumber place less one self-professed genius, but we'll soldier on gallantly in your absence. And you can go fill others with your righteous indignation over... just whatever it is you've gotten yourself all fired up about.

Have a nice day, genius. ^_^

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 2 months later...

Just bumping this up because I see things haven't gotten better with the new and improved site. Reading through the "recent logo comments" section, I notice we're still having the same problems. People are asking questions about downloads, and our friend John Mangee is still giving us era-by-era accounts of team accomplishments with particular logos.

fixed

Chris,

I've been coming to your excellent resource for years--I worked as a sportswriter for Citysearch in the 90s and found it invaluable. Later in my career, I don't write about sports anymore but still enjoy the site and the banter on the message boards. I agree that banter and insult should not be on the comments. Perhaps if there was a system that submitted the comments to you for posting and then you put them up whenever you have the chance--that's work intensive but a solution.

Keep up the awesome work-I'll try to restrict any comments I make to be short, sweet and factual to the best of my sports knowledge.

Rock on

Paul "NyghtOwl" Pelkonen

How about those...

Mets?

Packers?

Rangers?

Knicks?

Titans?

Owner of the New York Night Owls 1999 champions in the All World Football League.

i]

there are 25 stars on the nfl flag because there are 25 states that are in the NFL

Posted by jireh vadez on March 24, 2007

:lol: That's either really funny, really disturbing or really outdated....

Has anyone even validated or disproved this statement yet?

I know its a pretty odd statement, but I wonder if its even somewhat feasible?

I'm just saying, it could have some merit :)

No. The NFL has 32 franchises based in 21 US states.

So much for that.

Y'know, I have a possible wacky explanantion....bare with me on this one. Maybe, just maybe the stars were put there just for asthetic purposes and have no actual symbolism. :blink:

Could it be? A logo where every damn element doesn't have some symbolic meaning. What a concept that would be. Hmmmmm.

You are absolutely correct.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

fixed

Chris,

I've been coming to your excellent resource for years--I worked as a sportswriter for Citysearch in the 90s and found it invaluable. Later in my career, I don't write about sports anymore but still enjoy the site and the banter on the message boards. I agree that banter and insult should not be on the comments. Perhaps if there was a system that submitted the comments to you for posting and then you put them up whenever you have the chance--that's work intensive but a solution.

Keep up the awesome work-I'll try to restrict any comments I make to be short, sweet and factual to the best of my sports knowledge.

Rock on

Paul "NyghtOwl" Pelkonen

That's actually the way it used to be. This was supposed to be the solution to that solution, but it requires someone to be paying attention to the comments that get posted. The idea of tying commenting into your user account was that anyone who was making "bad" comments could be banned.

Archived