Special unis for LSU-Tulane game?

Nomad

Sounds like Tulane needs to take the Minn. and SMU route and move out of the big stadium to something on campus. Unfortunately, with the current N.O. situation, that would have to be a low. low priority.

I'd love a southern academic (non-state school) conference - Tulane, Vandy, Rice, Emory, Duke, and a few others, at least for football. But, obviously the big conference money is too much for schools to give up today.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a really good idea.....there was some talk of building a smaller stadium uptown near the river that would seat about 40,000....but that was before the K whore....

Was that right near the bend of the river and where St. Charles meets up with Carrolton? That would be a good place for a "campus" stadium....since there is absolutely no room for a stadium on campus. Well no room for a D-1 Stadium anyways.

Sounds like Tulane needs to take the Minn. and SMU route and move out of the big stadium to something on campus. Unfortunately, with the current N.O. situation, that would have to be a low. low priority.

Agreed. I doubt that there would be much support for the construction of a football stadium in that area at this point in time. They might have to wait a few years, and maybe by then the program prestige will be high enough where they could land a nice stadium.

That's a really good idea.....there was some talk of building a smaller stadium uptown near the river that would seat about 40,000....but that was before the K whore....

Tulane's best option is to renovate Gormley and play there. Tailgating is great in City Park. It is still a little ways from campus, but I am sure the neighborhood would embrace the team and fill up the stadium every Saturday. Once the stadium starts filling up every week, the students will want in. TU just needs to get out of the dome. The only benefit I could see is recruiting to play in that stadium, but it obviously isn't working.

eyecopy1tn.jpg

Looks like I'm going to Wilson after class to see if they have the shirts in yet, if not the jerseys.

I like the pelican logo personally. It has the ornate "french" aesthetic to it. I don't know if I'm going to the game or not, architecture studio plans on kicking my ass this weekend.

Looks like I'm going to Wilson after class to see if they have the shirts in yet, if not the jerseys.

I like the pelican logo personally. It has the ornate "french" aesthetic to it. I don't know if I'm going to the game or not, architecture studio plans on kicking my ass this weekend.

Architecture? Never kept me from a game in Tiger Stadium.

Better excuses: 11:00 am kickoff, Superdome, Tulane, it is on TV anyway.

eyecopy1tn.jpg

There was a controversy about these jerseys from the Tulane side. Seems, initially, Nike was only providing the specials for LSU while the Greenies were going to wear their usual shirts even though both teams are sponsored by Nike. The TU people pitched a fit and now Nike has a special jersey for the Wave as well.

Tulane will wear the limited-edition jerseys for all road games for the remainder of this season as a show of support for the City of New Orleans and continued Katrina Relief. They will auction them off at the end of the season.

That said, ROLL WAVE!

i6698ACBA-69C2-4ABD-ADDB-4DB088380184.jpg

FsQiF2W.png

Architecture? Never kept me from a game in Tiger Stadium.

Better excuses: 11:00 am kickoff, Superdome, Tulane, it is on TV anyway.

And now everyone here knows why Tulane students don't go to games......GEAUX TIGERS.....

Saints2.pnglsu21bcs1.png

saintsflagbd4.jpg

On a related note, there's been an abnormal amount of uni talk on the LSU fan sites this week, and as a result somebody came up with this:

LSUWhite-1.jpg

LSU has never worn all white, and I'm not sure that I care for it, but in this era of alternates I guess it's almost inevitable.

And now everyone here knows why Tulane students don't go to games......GEAUX TIGERS.....

Yeah, they actually go to school to learn. Not sure what the 30k+ do in Baton Rouge, though...

As for Tulane and City Park, they would be better off demolishing Gormley and and build a new Gormley Stadium. It's structurally sound, but I'd much prefer Tulane play in a real College stadium, not in a repainted high school stadium.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

LSU has never worn all white, and I'm not sure that I care for it, but in this era of alternates I guess it's almost inevitable.

I like all white sets for the most part. Monochromes (in color I mean) have been "in" the last few years but this season, all-white seems to be the "new" monochrome.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived