The 5

In 5..4..3..2..1

Hmmm.. This is intresting.

1. Colts (Look. What the Pats did is good and by beating the ever loving crap out of the Jets.. Even with some help. Illegal help mind you. What the Colts did on Thursday night was... oh, I dunno, shut down the feared Saints offense. That means more in my book)

2. Chargers (The game against Chicago is proof that if L.T. ever has another day where he only get 25 yards on the ground, they can still beat you)

3. Patriots (I'm docking them because of the whole sign stealing crap. Even though they won on Sunday, you just don't condone any sort of cheating whatsoever)

4. Bengals (What Cincy did on Monday night is a great morale booster for them. Oh, and who didn't love Ocho Cinco bringing out the HOF Jacket. That is classic!)

5. Seahawks (I might sound biased, but from what I see in the NFC after Week 1, my 'Hawks might be the best team. Dallas did well, I know, but the defense was godawful against second stringers and Chicago felt the wrath of the Gross-Man in San Diego)

On the Cusp: Cowboys, Titans, Vikings, Steelers.

Browns

Jets

Buccaneers

Cardinals

Saints

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

1.Colts (Any Question?)

2.Chargers (Shut down the Bears)

3.Bengals (They got lucky with so many turnovers, but still looked great vs. Baltimore)

4.Bears (Sure they lost, but they played the mighty Chargers)

5.Seahawks (Barely make the list)

Pats drop off because of the cheating.

saBS.png

1: Colts (shredded the Saints' D and held Reggie Bush w/o a score)

2: Chargers (handed Chicago their 2nd straight loss in a meaningful game)

3: Packers (beat the Eagles w/o a single offensive TD)

4: Cowboys (Romo shreds Giants' D, erases all doubt that he's the man in Dallas)

5: Bengals (put on a show against the strong but aging Ravens' D)

Honorable mention: Texans (shut down Larry Johnson, produce two long-bomb TDs)

DQ: Patriots (for cheating)

CCSLC signature.png

1. Colts

2, Bengals

3. Seahawks

4. Cowboys

5. Broncos

Due to the use of video equipment for the purposes of espionage, the Patriots are not allowed to be in the top 5 for this week.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Before Week 1

1. Patriots

2. Chargers

3. Saints

4. Colts

5. Ravens

After Week 1

1. Colts - after they manhandled the Saints in the second half

2. Chargers - solid game against a good Bears squad

3. Patriots - beat the Jets, would still be number 1, but they get docked for illegal actions

4. Bengals - Big defensive stand to beat the Ravens

5. Cowboys - Tony Romo looked great, watch out NFC.

brewerssig.jpg

1. Colts

2. Chargers

3. Bengals

4. Steelers

5. Broncos

Other top teams: Cowboys, Patriots, Seahawks

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived