Illustrator on the cheap

Mac the Knife

Anyone have any resources for picking up an ultra-cheap or previously used and discarded copy of one of the newer versions of Adobe Illustrator?

I have AI9 thanks to a friend who gave me his copy on upgrading, but am starting to encounter compatibility issues with newer AI files. That plus having a new computer (but losing the AI9 disks like an idiot) essentially requires a full version.

Anyway, if anyone knows a source, please feel free to post it here!

nav-logo.png

Anyone have any resources for picking up an ultra-cheap or previously used and discarded copy of one of the newer versions of Adobe Illustrator?

I have AI9 thanks to a friend who gave me his copy on upgrading, but am starting to encounter compatibility issues with newer AI files. That plus having a new computer (but losing the AI9 disks like an idiot) essentially requires a full version.

Anyway, if anyone knows a source, please feel free to post it here!

As someone with a ton of real estate ventures and whatnot, you should be able to afford the retail price on the full version. I'm guessing it would be a tax writeoff if you are using it for your organization.

If not, check out ebay or craig's list.

Technically its not for me, Joel. My copy of AI9 sits on my computer, while what I'm looking to purchase would sit on the computer my non-profit group just acquired (non-profits don't have tax write-offs since if they are 501©(3)'s, they're exempt anyway). Thus the desire to pick up a copy on the cheap - the organization's run on something of a shoestring.

nav-logo.png

Archived