Top 10 Georgia HS Football helmets

hrivnak

Atomsmashers! What a sweet name for a high school!

Fernandina Beach High School has the same colors and logo as Bruinswick but they only have a script logo that says Pirates in cursive. Actually this year they have just blue helmets but they might get a decal soon. They have done that before. Sweet jerseys though.

Anyone else find it ironic that the Christian Raiders have a skull and crossbones on their helmet? Then again, wouldn't "Christian Raiders" be something of a contradiction in terms?

Not if you understand the history of christianity (the crusades, amongst other things...)

Anyone else find it ironic that the Christian Raiders have a skull and crossbones on their helmet? Then again, wouldn't "Christian Raiders" be something of a contradiction in terms?

I'm guessing that they're not the Christian Raiders of Savannah, they're the Raiders of Savannah Christian.

Sort of like how the team is not the Ham Fighters of Nippon, but rather the Fighters of Nippon Ham. Much as one might prefer to root for the Ham Fighters or Christian Raiders.

Still, I have a problem with this story: Helmets are nice and all, but you can have a great helmet but still have a terrible uniform. And you can have a great uniform despite having a mediocre helmet. My own high-school alma mater had great football uniforms (the best praise one can give a team that won four games in four years, though now the school is a state powerhouse) but only barely-better-than-average helmets. Had an original, non-ripped-off logo, though, which counts for something. Even a middling original logo is better than the best logo that you've ripped off from some college or pro team.

Anyway, judging the helmets in isolation from the uniforms is an empty exercise in my book.

20082614447.png

Yeah, the Crusades had nothing at all to do with Christianity.

Anyway, how did they choose the winners to this thing? "You ripping off the Cardinals, Clemson, Michigan?" Nope. "You ripping anybody else off that we'd notice right away?"

Cool, down to 13 teams. Let's pick our ten favorite!

Yeah, the Crusades had nothing at all to do with Christianity.

Ahhem, Frywulf is correct that they were campaigns and not raids, but they were also not raids because the Christian Crusaders were out to recapture Christian territory that the Muslims had invaded.

But you knew that, didn't you hectic?

FsQiF2W.png

Archived