NFL Preview Week 2

NJTank

no way a Jon Kitna-led Lions will put up 30 over the Vikes. As bad as our offense is, the D is good. If we lose to the lions it will be like 16-11.

As bad as the raiders are, I think they ranked #1 in pass defense last year. Their defense isn't much different this year, and Detroit put up 36 against them, mostly through the air, with Kitna throwing for 3 TDs. I think 30 against the vikings is a possibility.

MegatronSig2.jpg

no way a Jon Kitna-led Lions will put up 30 over the Vikes. As bad as our offense is, the D is good. If we lose to the lions it will be like 16-11.

As bad as the raiders are, I think they ranked #1 in pass defense last year. Their defense isn't much different this year, and Detroit put up 36 against them, mostly through the air, with Kitna throwing for 3 TDs. I think 30 against the vikings is a possibility.

Raiders were #1 verses the pass last year, but #25 verses the rush. Remember, Thank that Kitna throws INTS. he has two last week and will face even better teams as the year goes on. When they fall behind, as they did against the RAiders, Tatum Bell/Kevin Jones will be decoys (especially since Bell fumbles a lot) and the Lions must go 3 or 4 wide. His career TD:INT ratio is 1:1. He'll throw pick, He threw 6 INT to 2TD with the Vikings last year. Martz is a smart guy, but Kitna might not be...

A couple thoughts:

? I must be reading the wrong newspapers, apparently the Colts and Titans are both 2-0 after week one

? Another (not very) clever dog pun in the Falcons blurb

? The 49ers are better than the Rams

? Frank Gore's mom just passed away, which means he'll most likely play an amazing game

I don't really see the Chargers putting up 31 points against the Patriots. If every single one of your predicitions each season were correct, the Patriots would consistently be 4-12 (or though it seems that way.) We seem to forget that almost every where he goes, Norv Turner ruins teams. What makes the Chargers so different from the Redskins and Raiders?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Lions Offensive Coordinator is Mike Martz, he created the Greatest Show on Turf, so expect the Lions offense to be real good.

In addition, he keeps bringing in skill position players the Rams cut loose...players who know his system.

I'm not the Rams will beat SF by 10, but I'm not sure the Niners are better than the Rams as well. The concept of a possessed Frank Gore going against the Rams rush defense does give me the shivers though.

Advice to Linehan: Bring in that uber-conservative ball control offensive you brought against Carolina, and your team WILL be 0-2, you season WILL effectively be over, and you WILL be looking for a job at the end of the year. Your best hope is a shootout.

EDIT: Just saw Tye Hill is out. We're :censored: ed. I better save some of that beer I bought for the Nebraska-USC game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

A couple thoughts:

? I must be reading the wrong newspapers, apparently the Colts and Titans are both 2-0 after week one

? Frank Gore's mom just passed away, which means he'll most likely play an amazing game

You do realize tehy even make mistakes in papers and they have editors. I dont

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

What me learned in Week 2

The Cowboys are real good

The Saints are not who we thought they were

Even I could run past the Giants secondary

The Jets have a good back up QB

The Colts know how to win

The Texans might be better then anyone thought

The Falcons really wish they didn't trade Matt Schaub

The Vikings wish they were playing the Falcons again

The Broncos are lucky to be 2-0

The Cardinals have a solid defense

The Steelers look like Super Bowl Contenders

The 49ers are a good 4th Quarter Team

The Browns wow, Charlie Frye must be really bad

The Chiefs are in for a long season

Was LT on Madden?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

A couple thoughts:

You do realize tehy even make mistakes in papers and they have editors. I dont

Also: knowledge of football above a rudimentary level, and the ability to convey themselves in type without making a reader immediately question their basic intelligence.

What me learned in Week 2

The Cowboys are real good

The Saints are not who we thought they were

Even I could run past the Giants secondary

The Jets have a good back up QB

The Colts know how to win

The Texans might be better then anyone thought

The Falcons really wish they didn't trade Matt Schaub

The Vikings wish they were playing the Falcons again

The Broncos are lucky to be 2-0

The Cardinals have a solid defense

The Steelers look like Super Bowl Contenders

The 49ers are a good 4th Quarter Team

The Browns wow, Charlie Frye must be really bad

The Chiefs are in for a long season

Was LT on Madden?

Sorry tank but luck had hardly anything to do with it... against Buffalo Cutler showed poise to make plays when needed and their kicking team did a great job of getting set in a short time and Elam putting it through. Against the Raiders the only luck was that the Raiders missed the FG in OT, because again, Cutler made plays when he needed to and got them in FG range for Elam to kick another GW FG. They don't have over 1000 yards of total offense along with giving up less than 200 total passing yards for nothing.

Archived