new college athletic program

max

i go to school here in the desert and the administration just announced that they will be introducing baseball, soccer, tennis, and golf. Here are the nickname choices:

College of Santa Fe:

Road Runners - NAHL team from last year

Monsoons - it rains like that

Coyotes - i saw a coyote while pissing outside at my first party at college.

Spin - name of our old men's tennis team

Jackalopes - ficticious animals

Octipi - real animals

Prairie Dogs - tons of prairie dogs burrow into the quad

Other - Talons, Adobes, Crows, Zozobras

i think my school's colors are purple and gold

Has to be the Jackalopes. The mascot should be the little guy from "America's Funniest People". Or Dave Coulier (whose coolness level increases tenfold when you learn that he is the guy Alanis Morrisette is singing about in "You Oughta Know").

Definitely Jackalopes. Killer Jackalopes was the name of my intramural hockey team at BYU that won the championship my senior year. Someone had a stuffed jackalope they found at a pawn shop and brought it to all the games as our mascot. Then there were the freshmen on the team who called the team the "J-Los" for short. Good times--have the Champs T-shirt retired up in my rafters around here somewhere.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

What about the "Toros"?

Has a little bit of the Spanish word/big strong bull reference.

Did that even make sense? :blink:

Toros would be an awesome choice!!!

Being from Tucson, our AAA baseball team was known as the Toros before going with the Sidewinders.

DLWatt.png

go with Octopi...so everybody else scratches their heads and goes WTF?? :therock:

haha. I like this idea as well! I would rather have my school have a more unique nickname. So I would scratch Coyotes out, maybe even Road Runners and Jackrabbits.

What's a Zozobra?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

According to this website:

Zozobra is a hideous but harmless fifty-foot bogeyman marionette. He is a toothless, empty-headed facade. He has no guts and doesn't have a leg to stand on. He is full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. He never wins. He moans and groans, rolls his eyes and twists his head. His mouth gapes and chomps. His arms flail about in frustration. Every year we do him in. We string him up and burn him down in ablaze of fireworks. At last, he is gone, taking with him all our troubles for another whole year. Santa Fe celebrates another victory. Viva la Fiesta!

Zozobra is a hideous but harmless fifty-foot bogeyman marionette. He is a toothless, empty-headed facade. He has no guts and doesn't have a leg to stand on. He is full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. He never wins. He moans and groans, rolls his eyes and twists his head. His mouth gapes and chomps. His arms flail about in frustration. Every year we do him in. We string him up and burn him down in ablaze of fireworks. At last, he is gone, taking with him all our troubles for another whole year. Santa Fe celebrates another victory. Viva la Fiesta!

Well then, Zozobra it is!

FsQiF2W.png

I once almost had my brother-in-law from California convinced that jackalopes really exist. Then my sister butted in and told her hubby not to listen to my B.S.

Just for that bit of family history, I also have to vote for Jackalopes.

We used to do that all the time to all the easterners and foreigners we knew--and we would show them our mascot (a nice 4 point, by the way) for proof.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

• 1 month later...
According to this website:

Is this Notre Dame or Nebraska? One has to wonder.

• 2 months later...

Archived