2008 Rugby/Rugby League Concepts

Gazzzaf

Its been some time since I've posted any designs although that doesnt mean I haven't been doing any work. In fact, I've been working on (and revising) yet another template for rugby sports. To go along with this I've been working on my website which I hope will be up and running soon.

Anyway, here are my first six designs:

15/9/2007

Brisbane Broncos

(Canterbury) Bulldogs

Newcastle Knights

Parramatta Eels

South Sydney Rabbitohs

Sydney Roosters

Update: 19/9/2007

Penrith Panthers

Canberra Raiders

Update: 22/9/2007

North Queensland Cowboys

Update: 25/9/2007

There's now an index page as I have my site (partially) up and running.

Update: 7/10/2007

Manly-Warringah Sea-Eagles

Melbourne Storm

Gold Coast Titans

These designs are subject to change depending on my whims.

Broncos one didn't grab me Gaz but I love the others, especially the slight modernisation on the Bunnies which craps all over the rubbish they are wearing this season. Newcastle back in the stripes gets you a bonus mark ;)

I got stuck on the Broncos. I wanted to go for something close to their original look but it really messed with how the sponsor looked. I tried to mix the old with the relatively new and used their style from the last 5-6 years as a chest stripe.

I've changed up the Roosters away design as I didn't want to basically copy what they used this year.

I love them.

It reminds me of how at the last soccer World Cup, the uniforms had a 'back to classic' look to them.

This is the same.

And the template. First class all round Gaz.

Almost a ghost theme going on there, with the body-less uniforms and the foggy night sort of look happening.

Very cool.

I never really liked the red/blue stripes on the Knights, but the other strip has a design I could learn to love.

The horizontal striped one is basically their kit from 1988-1995(?) when they changed to the vertical stripes.

The Canberra set is awesome, definately the best set so far.

As the resident Canberran here, I must protest the use of black. It's not a Raiders colour at all. Now, blue on the other hand...

(I also consider it cheating not to use that fugly square CFMEU logo that currently adorns Canberra's jerseys ;))

As the resident Canberran here, I must protest the use of black. It's not a Raiders colour at all. Now, blue on the other hand...

(I also consider it cheating not to use that fugly square CFMEU logo that currently adorns Canberra's jerseys ;))

As a Raiders fan, I wouldn't use black. Its actually midnight navy (2a2b39) but the lighting effects wash a bit of the colour out. And I couldn't bring myself to putting the current sponsor style on the jersey; I really, really, REALLY hope that gets sorted out for 2008.

Archived