Troy debuts new home jerseys.

sacker12

GFLVYEOHQAXRCRN.20070915033534.jpg

CWTLQGHPBWAJZTR.20070915033351.jpg

We debuted our new home jerseys against Oklahoma State tonight. I'm once again very proud of these because I designed them. With the pants, I have pretty much designed the whole home uniforms with the exception of the helmet.

and a lopsided victory too...kudos to you!

Nice work on the unis - they really looked good. And they looked even better as they ran all over Oklahoma State.

Slightly off-topic question: when they painted the wordmarks in the end zones, is the "A" supposed to look like that? I couldn't find a large Troy wordmark with the letters all the same size (whereas the logo at the collar has the TroJanS version of the Padres' SanDiegO effect), but the thickness of the letter varies wildly from the top half to the bottom. It looked off on TV, but if that's the way it was intended to be, then that's that.

Everything looks great man, I've always liked their new look, and these add to it IMO.

Now I think they need to keep the same helmet design, but go with a black shell, like they used to have when they were Troy State. They had that on the Troy page in Athlon Sports, so I thought they might be changing to that. It looks sweet.

Everything looks great man, I've always liked their new look, and these add to it IMO.

Now I think they need to keep the same helmet design, but go with a black shell, like they used to have when they were Troy State. They had that on the Troy page in Athlon Sports, so I thought they might be changing to that. It looks sweet.

I can assure that will never happen. The chancellor wants cardinal to be the dominant color for all athletic uniforms. In fact, he was the one who insisted that the team use cardinal helmets. When the school was deciding on the new logos, a black helmet was initially proposed. But, as mentioned, the chancellor nixed that idea for the cardinal helmet.

However, we did wear a black helmet with the current logos for one game in 2005 in memory of Al Lucas after he was killed in the Arena game. We were trying to make it a throwback game with the uniforms from his senior year, complete with the old "TSU" logo on the black helmet. However, the chancellor only agreed to approve it if they used the current logo on the helmet. So, we had no choice but to wear a black version of the current helmet for the game. I know that there is an image of it on The Helmet Project.

Archived