QMJHL New Jerseys

Stevenet

The QMJHL Regular season kicked off on Thursday with one game, but the rest of the league started up on Friday night, and two teams came out with new uniforms. The Rouyn-Noranda Huskies have adaopted a new white jersey. Last year they had a black jersey based on the Vancouver Canucks Alternate, fading from black to red. The new white jersey fades from white to black.

http://www.photo-michel-fortin.qc.ca/0701s...ges/image92.htm to see an image of the new ones.

Also, the Val D'Or Foreurs came out with new jerseys. I havent seen any pictures of them online yet, other than the headshots from the Q Website.

http://lhjmq.qc.ca/navcache/getcontents.ph...e_0708_9514.jpg

From what I could make out from them last night on the webcast, they are based on the 'old' Nashville Predators style jerseys. They wore the whites at home last night.

Also, I know it has been mentioned in a previous topic, but the Gatineau Olympiques have added a 3rd jersey this year, same style as their whites and darks, however the alternate is Orange.

It should be noted that teams in the Q don't have 'home' and 'away' jerseys, as every team wears white at home up until Christmas, and after the holidays, they wear their dark jerseys at home. When this was implemented, it was said the league did it so fans around the league could see all the jersey colors of all the teams. Makes sense. Something the NHL should look into.

• 2 weeks later...
I love Q hockey so fun to watch, not a huge fan of those new jerseys. I am a Mooseheads fan and I was really hoping they would update their look.

Hey, how come the Q and the AHL etc get rbk jerseys with all kinds of graphic elements, while the NHL teams like Philly, Ottawa and TB are wearing pajamas because all they did is stitch different colored pieces of fabric together? The NHL teams could have had all kinds of creative stripping, but instead they have rigid piping?

At first I thought that the white fading to black would be confusing, but it works as a white jersey just fine.

I'm sure the announcers don't like the black on black numbers much, but I'm a fan of color on color numbers that overlap partway when it's done occasionally. These outlined in just red would certainly benefit from another outside layer of white though.

The orange jersey with orange pads & gloves? Too much, man. That's just too much.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Wonder if there are new team logos for the QMJHL teams??? I'm curious as to see who would have that...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

The QMJHL Regular season kicked off on Thursday with one game, but the rest of the league started up on Friday night, and two teams came out with new uniforms. The Rouyn-Noranda Huskies have adaopted a new white jersey. Last year they had a black jersey based on the Vancouver Canucks Alternate, fading from black to red. The new white jersey fades from white to black.

http://www.photo-michel-fortin.qc.ca/0701s...ges/image92.htm to see an image of the new ones.

Anyone know a place (that operates in English) where I can get a Cataractes jersey? Those things are sharp.

I love Q hockey so fun to watch, not a huge fan of those new jerseys. I am a Mooseheads fan and I was really hoping they would update their look.

you're in luck...they did

http://flickr.com/photos/midnite/sets/72157602127315927/

some moose shots here too:

http://flickr.com/photos/riclaf/sets/72157602117867484/

Are those new third jersey for Halifax?

Why is the shoulder patch on the elbow? That looks really odd.

It should be noted that teams in the Q don't have 'home' and 'away' jerseys, as every team wears white at home up until Christmas, and after the holidays, they wear their dark jerseys at home. When this was implemented, it was said the league did it so fans around the league could see all the jersey colors of all the teams. Makes sense. Something the NHL should look into.

I believe that the whole CHL does this, the OHL does and it's nice to see some variety in the uniforms. Everyone gets to see what they want.

I personally think that the Q has some of the most unusual looking uniforms in hockey. Some don't feel very North American, alot have a Euro feel to them (IMO)

I believe that the whole CHL does this, the OHL does and it's nice to see some variety in the uniforms. Everyone gets to see what they want.

I personally think that the Q has some of the most unusual looking uniforms in hockey. Some don't feel very North American, alot have a Euro feel to them (IMO)

A sidenote about the OHL -- for the first time in a long time, home teams wear white at home for the first half of the season, dark at home from Jan. 1 on. It's been reverse for about the past three and a half decades...

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

All i hope is that the CHL stays away from the whole Edge craze. I know that Reebok supplies the uniforms for the CHL, but I like the baggy Jerseys.

I just got myself a new Tavares jersey, I went into a shop to check out the Edge uni's in person. Wasn't totally impressed, I saw the Tavares and thought it was a better use of my money

Wonder if there are new team logos for the QMJHL teams??? I'm curious as to see who would have that...

while not a new logo.. the olympiques will be sporting a revised crest.. in the black "O" will be gatineau... as per the agreement with the city of gatineau... blah.. blah blah... check out olympiquesthe logo on the main page when you enter english or french has the new logo....

sig.png

Look at the bottom of the page. That kid obviously isn't having a very happy birthday.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

you're in luck...they did

http://flickr.com/photos/midnite/sets/72157602127315927/

some moose shots here too:

http://flickr.com/photos/riclaf/sets/72157602117867484/

Are those new third jersey for Halifax?

Why is the shoulder patch on the elbow? That looks really odd.

on the bicep, replacing the numbers on left arm

on the bicep, replacing the numbers on left arm

This is a cardinal sin. Yeah, I'm looking at you too, Atlanta.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived