Russian logo website

slapshot

now begins the countdown.. i'd say it has a good 3 months before it is shut down by trademark attnys

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

But doesn't it make a difference that they are based in Russia as opposed to the US?  Yeah they'll probably lose the dotcom battle and end up back with .ru, but I don't know if they'll get completely smashed...

Just my 2c, I'm not a Copyright lawyer :)

for what it is worth, i hope you are right, 55

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Aren't any of you concerned of this site closing down?  I know it's a huge reference for lots of people and it would be sad to see it leave.  Does the U.S. Government have that much power to shut this site down completely?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

where is yhollander? Can they shut down a russian site, with a .com?

ΓΔΒ!

Heres my understanding about .com addresses... .com was supposed to be for commercial sites but due to the web boom they became more centralized in the US... meanwhile other countries have local addresses like .ru, .ca, .uk, .au etc.... .com was supposed to be a universal address... hence the reason to a few years ago .ca were not for sale unless you were a school, a major business, or a bank, that was also so people couldnt buy trademark .ca names like bigmac.ca... if you guys didnt know im canadian and own a .com address (Seventeen11 Design solutions.... cheap plug hahahaha)... anyone can buy a .com the main thing the owners of the site have to be worried about is that the server isnt in the US and they are not residing in the US... and that only covers US copywrited stuff... there are several other logos in there from other countries that could cause problems

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived