Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick Prater = worst kicker in the NFL. Missed a 42 yarder, then missed a 26 yard FG today. Those 2 FGs would've been the difference in a 13-7 Falcons loss to the Jags. If he had made those 2, we'd be talking overtime, and maybe the first win of the season. But no, we put in a rookie kicker who, prior to the preseason, had NO NFL experience. Yet, somehow he's qualified and capable of being the starting K for the Falcons, yet Billy Cundiff, at least a K with experience, gets cut. I put that on the Falcons FO.

And it also doesn't help that one of the "best O-Lines in the NFL" allows 7 sacks, 13 on the season through 2 GAMES. I tried to tell everybody that Vick got most of his rushing yards running for his life, not by design. This line needs to get it together and we need a new kicker ASAP before we can seriously think about winning...-smh-. At least the Saints have proven that they're gonna be 1-year wonders. :D

Cundiff made all his FG's during the preseason, yet was cut because Prater could kick the ball farther on kickoffs. For a team that's gonna struggle to score points, having a sure-kicker is very important.

Nick Prater = worst kicker in the NFL. Missed a 42 yarder, then missed a 26 yard FG today. Those 2 FGs would've been the difference in a 13-7 Falcons loss to the Jags. If he had made those 2, we'd be talking overtime, and maybe the first win of the season. But no, we put in a rookie kicker who, prior to the preseason, had NO NFL experience. Yet, somehow he's qualified and capable of being the starting K for the Falcons, yet Billy Cundiff, at least a K with experience, gets cut. I put that on the Falcons FO.

And it also doesn't help that one of the "best O-Lines in the NFL" allows 7 sacks, 13 on the season through 2 GAMES. I tried to tell everybody that Vick got most of his rushing yards running for his life, not by design. This line needs to get it together and we need a new kicker ASAP before we can seriously think about winning...-smh-. At least the Saints have proven that they're gonna be 1-year wonders. :D

That being said...how in the hell do the Browns go from barely scoring 3 in week 1 to putting up 51 in week 2? Is the Bengals D that bad, or was losing Charlie Frye the catalyst to an offensive explosion???

So is it possible to have Koenen kick field goals?

LvZYtbZ.png

That being said...how in the hell do the Browns go from barely scoring 3 in week 1 to putting up 51 in week 2? Is the Bengals D that bad, or was losing Charlie Frye the catalyst to an offensive explosion???

So is it possible to have Koenen kick field goals?

Only in long-distance situations. Koenen struggled when he was handling both punting and kicking, in both aspects.

How about some love for Bob Sanders today? 11 tackles and 2.5 sacks against Vince Young who only has about 8 inches and 25 pounds on him.

I'll give him some dap. By the way, is it me, or do those two teams REALLY not like each other? That and Vince Young needs to learn how to keep his cool.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

How 'bout the Bucs beating up on the Saints today? Let's hope they continue their success this season.

If you consider going 6-10 success then I think you'll be very happy. I like the Bucs but they're going nowhere. Today was a nice win for Tampa but I am thinking the Saints may have been a bit overrated coming into the season. Still it's only week two. We'll have a better idea of who's legit and who isn't by week five.

BB52Big.jpg

Oh, and Megatron (Calvin Johnson) is on pace for 16 TDs this year. He has one per game so far.

If I sound stupid here, go ahead and stop me, but, since Calvin Johnson has been given the nickname 'Megatron,' someone else on the team should be nicknamed 'Starscream.' You know, the bumbling second in command who wants the glory all to himself.

Oh, and Megatron (Calvin Johnson) is on pace for 16 TDs this year. He has one per game so far.

If I sound stupid here, go ahead and stop me, but, since Calvin Johnson has been given the nickname 'Megatron,' someone else on the team should be nicknamed 'Starscream.' You know, the bumbling second in command who wants the glory all to himself.

Mike Martz? :P

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Lions already cut Reggie Ball....

What the hell is wrong with New Orleans???

They built it in probably the absolute worst place to put a city.

*ZING!* Well played.

As for the Saints, it's business as usual for them. Rather expected it...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

and if Mike Nolan and Jim Hostler ever get the balls to take the training wheels off Alex Smith and just let him play rather than bog him down with such a vanilla offensive scheme, the 49ers could be a VERY dangerous team.

I didn't understand why they called 3 runs after that Dante Hall muff...should have gone for the proverbial throat and really made the Rams' lives difficult.

Mind you, I wasn't complaining....

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived