Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

I know I make seppuku cracks a lot, but.....

Gus Frerotte...I...and the rest of Rams nation...honestly, and seriously, demand your seppuku after that performance.

Honestly...fumbling the flippin' snap on FOURTH AND :censored: ING GOAL ON THE ONE YARD LINE WHEN YOU ARE DOWN BY FIVE!!!!

IT WAS EVEN THE FLIPPIN' BACKUP CENTER WHO WAS DOING THE SNAPPING! HOW MUCH ARE THE RAMS PAYING YOU TO SUCK?!

I was driving back to school on the freeway when that play went down...and fortunately I had enough self-discipline not to punch something while I was going 70. <_<

All I have to say as a Seahawk fan is thank you for :censored:-ing up, Gus! By doing that (and with San Francisco beating Arizona), guess who has full control of the NFC West once again? That's right... Your Seattle Seahawks!! As long as Arizona does what they do best (lose), there's no one around that can take the division.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I have to say as a Seahawk fan is thank you for :censored:-ing up, Gus! By doing that (and with San Francisco beating Arizona), guess who has full control of the NFC West once again? That's right... Your Seattle Seahawks!! As long as Arizona does what they do best (lose), there's no one around that can take the division.

Although I have no business butting into this conversation...I agree. The Seahawks should win this division easily (again). The Cardinals are obviously going in the wrong direction if they lost to the Niners, and the Rams have Gus Frerotte running things, so if the Seahawks don't win that division, then shame on them for their ineptitude.

Same with the Bucs, Packers, Cowboys, Patriots, and Colts. The only divisions that are really up for grabs are the AFC North and the AFC West.

All I know is, if they lose, prepare for the media to go into meltdown mode.

ESPN will be so devastated they'll probably suspend operations. GO EAGLES!

Nah...it'll be worse than that. If the Patriots lose, you can pretend that ESPN is a yellow robot named Cyrax, and then this will happen...

(...But I don't think that Belichick and his Pat squad are going to allow Armageddon to happen tonight.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nah...it'll be worse than that. If the Patriots lose, you can pretend that ESPN is a yellow robot named Cyrax, and then this will happen...

(...But I don't think that Belichick and his Pat squad are going to allow Armageddon to happen tonight.)

I can seriously imagine it now...

"Pats lose to NFC team with backup QB starting?! OMGGGGZZZZZ PATS WILL NOT GO TO THE SUPER BOWL!!! 1 AND DONE IN PLAYOFFS!!! WORST SUPER BOWL TEAM EVARRRRRR*!1111"

*Yeah I meant to do that.

I can seriously imagine it now...

"Pats lose to NFC team with backup QB starting?! OMGGGGZZZZZ PATS WILL NOT GO TO THE SUPER BOWL!!! 1 AND DONE IN PLAYOFFS!!! WORST SUPER BOWL TEAM EVARRRRRR*!1111"

*Yeah I meant to do that.

You neglected one serious sticking point: the Patriots are at HOME.

Add that ingredient, and, well...you got all of what Flame just said up above, PLUS the link I provided earlier (the yellow robot)...

...And, having said all that, as is at the monent of this typing, 28-24 PHILADELPHIA.

Did I hear a whisper in the background..."trap game"? Boy, these Patriots is sho' gettin' it tonight from Philly. BUT...there's still a whle quarter plus the rest of this one left to play.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Wow! The Eagles have scored another touchdown! This after the Pats missed a field goal... gee, I had this strange feeling throughout the week that the Eagles might make a game of it, but I didn't think that was going to be the case. Who knows, maybe the game will end on a hail mary! :wacko:

I saw, I came, I left.

Pats back in front.

Anyone want to go for the Eagles kicking a FG next drive and the Pats driving to win on a FG with time expiring?

Oi, hang on a minute, where's Vinatieri?

Which may partly explain why the Patriots have been going for it on 4th down so much...

...And, assuming the Birdies get that far down the field, here's hoping Andy Reid (whose job might just be saved by this victory, if the family issues don't cause him to remove himself) and the rest of the Birdie coaching braintrust don't start thinking that a simple little field goal will be enough against the Patriots. If they HAVE to settle for the 3, get it. Otherwise, put the foot on the neck and go for 6.

Interesting lil' game goin on here in Gillette tonight...

Well...it now appears the game is all but over. Armageddon will not occur tonight. No bombs will be lt out of a chest...the world will nto explode.

Not tonight, anyway.

Patriots: 11-0. Hmmpf...helluva game the Birdies gave them. Too bad they couldn't pull it out.

I don't think this was due to the Patriots playing poorly...I think it was more that Reid and the Eagles figured them out. Philly played a hell of a game, was able to read the Pats' defense and pass well, and had excellent coverage against the big playmakers on offense, except for Welker.

It wasn't a sloppy game by either team...in between the two picks (not counting the one at the very end), Philly was moving the ball at will. There is a weakness to the Patriots' scheme, and the Eagles almost found a way to exploit it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I don't think this was due to the Patriots playing poorly...I think it was more that Reid and the Eagles figured them out. Philly played a hell of a game, was able to read the Pats' defense and pass well, and had excellent coverage against the big playmakers on offense, except for Welker.

It wasn't a sloppy game by either team...in between the two picks (not counting the one at the very end), Philly was moving the ball at will. There is a weakness to the Patriots' scheme, and the Eagles almost found a way to exploit it.

So are the Pats done?

Have they given away their game plan?

Philly probably had videos of the Patriots' signals...

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

And with that win, the New England Patriots become (I believe) the first team in NFL history to win their division title prior to December 1.

When did the '04 Eagles clinch?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So are the Pats done?

Have they given away their game plan?

Philly probably had videos of the Patriots' signals...

Perhaps...although I think it was more like the Patriots had the real-life Madden "bleep you" game happen to them.

Serves Vegas right for setting such a ridiculous spread...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And with that win, the New England Patriots become (I believe) the first team in NFL history to win their division title prior to December 1.

When did the '04 Eagles clinch?

From the Boston Globe

The Patriots tie for the earliest division clinch since the NFL established the 16-game schedule in 1978. Three other teams clinched their division during the weekend of their 11th game since 1978 -- the 1985 Chicago Bears, the 1997 San Francisco 49ers and the 2004 Philadelphia Eagles.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

For those of you that do this sort of thing.....

The Patriots are a 23.5 point favorite against the Eagles. Whoa.

NFC team + Normal QB might not play + Patriots playing out of their mind = 23.5 point line.

And in all honesty (this has no homerism in it, seriously), you'd be insane to say the Pats won't cover...especially if Kolb is in there. May god have mercy on that young man's soul Sunday night.

(And I'll be at the game! ;) )

How's your shoe/foot taste right about now?

Steelers can beat the Pats.

Archived